Are You a Glass is Half Full or Are You a Half Empty Person?

TEXASMUNK

not sure who would post the "half-empty" status... We all think we can handle whatever comes our way, its the moment that we need to have that half-full attitude that tests it.

I think these boards are a good place to post negitive comments on trips we've taken. I think there is a good chance the cruise lines read them. I think the folks who overlook a problem or 2 on every trip for their entire life will always have a problem or 2 on every trip for their entire life... the folks that ask for a change might not.

Cruise_Couple: As a life long Cub fan.. we dont use glasses in the Bleachers, only plastic cups and they are sometimes full and sometimes empty, but by the end of the game, all I know is there were a lot of them...

I prefer the "there's 4oz. of liquid in an 8oz. glass" approach. It is what it is, either change the situation or change the attitude. I've been baited by negative posters on this board, but I've found more valuable information, which is why I keep coming back for more!

This is MY wine glass (yes, it's a bit large ;):D):

wine-glass-my-choice.jpg

It only LOOKS empty (because I drank the wine :p:D). It is FILLED with love of family and the attitude I raised my children by - "Don't sweat the small stuff!" But that doesn't mean you can't have your WINE and your WHINE.

There is nothing wrong in voicing an opinion about something you dislike and hoping for your voice to be heard, for some kind of positive outcome. It doesn't make your glass any less full. If nothing else, venting is better than bottling it up.

I want chocolates on my pillow. DH wants a good no-fee steak in the MDR. DGS wants to be able to swipe his Sea Pass for video arcade games. We might not get what we want (DGS definitely isn't) but that doesn't mean we have to like it. But we don't dwell on it. We take it with a grain of salt and look instead at what we have. Less than 2 weeks after our Disney cruise last year, my DH was hospitalized, had major surgery, and spent several days in ICU. Things like that give your life perspective.

This is a photo taken at my DD's business:

copp-wines.jpg

Yes, she owns a small winery. And I would gladly pay a corkage fee to be able to bring some bottles of my favorite wines on board the Independence with me this month. I think RCCL's policy is wrong. That's my opinion. I'm not into smuggling but to each their own. I will fill my glass with RCCL's wine, just like I did in April. And all the while I will be grateful DH is with me and my glass is full.

We're at sea in the blue Caribbean, a warm tropical breeze wakes us up, someone makes our breakfast, we visit a tropical island and lie on a beach of white sand while back on the ship, someone makes our bed, then someone makes our dinner, we enjoy a free theatre performance, some late-night dancing, and go to bed to the whisper of the waves and warm tropical breezes... and meanwhile it's snowing back at home.

I do not understand why anyone complains about anything while they are cruising... :D

We're at sea in the blue Caribbean, a warm tropical breeze wakes us up, someone makes our breakfast, we visit a tropical island and lie on a beach of white sand while back on the ship, someone makes our bed, then someone makes our dinner, we enjoy a free theatre performance, some late-night dancing, and go to bed to the whisper of the waves and warm tropical breezes... and meanwhile it's snowing back at home.

I do not understand why anyone complains about anything while they are cruising... :D

Well said and I agree:)

Archived