New to RCCL - Serenade Cabin Choices

The Search function is down... again :rolleyes:, so I apologize in advance if this question has been asked a million times. Here goes a million and one...

I usually cruise with HAL, but my sister and I have decided we want to do a family cruise with our 20 something kids, and think they will prefer RCCL to HAL. I am actually quite excited about trying a new line! We will likely either book three balcony and one inside cabin or three oceanview and one inside cabin -- my niece's bf doesn't want to see the water :eek:, don't really know why he is going at all. So I have some questions about the differences in the cabin categories (aside from the obvious balcony vs. o/v).

On the sailing we are looking at, there are three side-by-side oceanview cabins on Deck 3. Will they have a picture window or a port-hole? I saw a picture that looked like it was a square window, but actually had a round opening :confused:. Also, I am intrigued by the E1 category balcony cabins on Deck 7. The balconies look so much bigger on the deck plans -- are they? Is there anything wrong with them? And can someone please explain the "hump cabins" to me? I gather that they stick out farther than the rest of the side of the ship. Are they bigger inside than the normal balcony cabins? Are they desirable? And some of the balconies seem to be much smaller and triangle-shaped. Is there an advantage to these balconies that is not apparent?

Thanks very much for any input or suggestions you can provide to first-time RCCL cruisers!

I just looked it up and the OV on deck 3 have acutal windows, only the OV on deck 2 have portholes.

Can't answer for sure on the deck 7 question, but unless I'm missing something, all E1 balconies are the same size, which is why they are in the same cat. Keep in mind, the drawings aren't always to scale.

Ah, now for the beloved HUMP balcony!:D These rooms are on the part of ship that curves out from the side, you can clearly see the hump if you look on the side of ship. The interior of the cabins is the same size, though on Serenade, the balcony is actually larger when staying on the hump. They are also desirable because they are close to the elevetors and because you can see all the way to the front and to the back of ship from your balcony. I'm not sure what you mean about a triangle-shaped balcony. :confused: Do you have a specific room number that you notice looks like this?

Hi and welcome to RCCL

You are picking a wonderful ship for your first try with Royal. I would suggest you go for the balconies, but it is not my wallet. LOL. The balconies on deck 7 are larger but they also have a partial view obstruction because the lifeboat covers are right below like in this picture,

IMG_2520-1.jpg

Also the hump cabins are an area in the middle of the ship that hump or bumps out. There are no obstructions below and many of the balconies are larger then others in the same category though the rooms are exactly the same size as their counterparts. The hump cabins are very coveted because of their great location.

IMG_2710.jpg

please click on the link in my signature for more pictures.

Archived