Walkable pier to town?

ROCruiser

Cabo is a tender port and you can easily walk to the main part of town from the pier.

Mazatlan's pier is quite a ways from the center of town, and I'd only walk if you're in very good shape. Assuming no change in the last few years, the sidewalks, when they are there, are quite rough and broken between the pier and town. I'd take a cab from outside the port gate. You should be able to get up to the Cathedral and marketplace for just a few dollars. If you don't like the price from the first cab, keep walking and someone will come along with a better price. In the marketplace at the port there is a booth for a tour of Mazatlan - I think it was about $20 each, and you go around in a trolley (the price seemed to be flexible). Near the central park, the upscale store has bathrooms available on the second floor.

In PV we like to take the local bus to town. You can exchange dollars for pesos on the way to the main street, or just give the driver a dollar each and he'll make a lot more profit.;)

Here would be my recommendation for Cabo. Take a water taxi out for a short tour of the "arch" to see the rock formations, sea lion colony, Lover's Beach, etc. (you may even see a whale in December). Then go by that same water taxi over to Medano Beach. CAUTION #1: you will have to exit the water taxi at Medano Beach in about 2 feet of water. CAUTION #2 water will be fairly cold @70 or lower. Walk the beach, maybe have a drink or lunch at one of the beach restaurants (any except "The Office"). Then you can walk into town (about 5-10 min walk) and then work your way through town back to the Marina. Straight walking (all the way back to the tender pier) is probably about an hour, more as you stop to look at stuff.

If you want to see the arch, Lovers Beach, rock formations, and the sea lion Colony (do this first). You can just arrange for a water taxi (round trip) from the tender pier. That way, you will stay dry. Then when you get back to the marina area, you could just take a land cab over to Medano Beach. I would ask the land cab driver to take you to the area where the beach restaurants are. Most are congregated together in one area. Somewhere near "The Office" or the "Mango Deck" would be good. Try and pay attention to the road/location where the cab driver drops you off. It will probably be a good route to make your walk back into town when you are ready. This option will just be a little more expensive than just doing the water taxi all the way but it will keep you dry.

Once back in town on the main drag, a left turn will take you in the direction of the marina. Obviously a right turn will take you on an adventure.

Archived