?s for people who've sailed the Mariner w/ kids

Have been on 3 Disney's and want to try RCI. Can you comment on the kids clubs/activities and the itinerrary of the 7 night Western Carrib Mariner. Does this ship have the ice rink or just the putt putt and the rock wall. thanks! Any other suggestions appreciated. Trav w/ kids 4, 6 and 12.

We have done both. The Mariner has an ice rink, although it's only open on certain hours for public skating. The rock wall is very high. I know they are strapped in, but still, it's up there. There is also the putt putt and the roller blade area, a basketball court too. The Mariner has a much larger arcade, if that is important, but it is expensive, remember. The Disney ship has a real theater with first run movies for adults and kids, the Mariner has a teensie little room with 50 seats and shows older movies. They showed 3 on our 7-day cruise, none really suitable for kids as young as yours. I think Disney had some pluses over Mariner, but the Mariner is something to experience. Our teen liked the activities on Disney better actually, but if you have done 2 Disneys, try a Mariner. I know they had a cute pirate parade with the smaller ones participating. Sorry, I do not know about the programming for the little ones.

zbuddy

your kids will have a great time Of course there are no charecters on RCCl but the ice show is great even for the little ones.. The adventure ocean kinda has a Pirate theme going with teh little ones just so you know... I have done both and Disney Is awesome especially the snake bar being open to get nachos/french fries chicken etc...

Oh yeah th ekids club is not open as often or as long as on disney.. If your kids are like mine they will LOVE RCCL and have no problems with it it's MOMMIE that likes disney better for the icon_biggrin.gif convienance

We have also done 4 Disney cruises and are trying the Mariner with our 2 daughters, 10 and 7. I have heard very good things about the children's program on the Mariner and my girls are excited to try something new. Mariner also has a Johnny Rockets which my kidslove.

We too are trying the Mariner for the first time in June. We have only cruised w/ DCL, 3 times and I think we are ready to try something different. I have 3 boys, 12,16 and 18 and our last Disney cruise they were showing signs of bordeom...been there done that. I think it's their age and they will find much more to do on the Mariner, given their ages. We too as parents, are looking forward to a change and something w/ a little more night life since we don't have little ones anymore! Can't wait!

Archived