Celebrity Friends of Dorothy

mahlerlover

Like "Friends of Bill" is to denote an alcoholics anonymous gathering. Dorothy refers to Dorothy of Wizard of Oz - and Judy Garland. And, as stated, refers to a gathering for gay passengers on a sailing.

There is also an alternative theory that Dorothy refers to Dorothy Parker because she had many gay friends and was an advocate for gay rights. Her writings also contained a number of euphemisms that were subsequently used by the gay community.

There is also an alternative theory that Dorothy refers to Dorothy Parker because she had many gay friends and was an advocate for gay rights. Her writings also contained a number of euphemisms that were subsequently used by the gay community.

That's right. I had heard that as well but had forgotten. I guess Judy Garland stuck in my mind rather than Dorothy Parker who I really didn't know much about. :)

Well, according to all the Celeb gays I've partied with, it's Judy Garland. And yes, the "official" meeting spot on M class is Martini Bar, but after the first night, they hang out wherever. I always try to get them over to the Champagne (smoking) side, when it used to be smoking...:rolleyes:...

As a champagne lady, I'd much rather hang out with FOD than FOB...:D

More laughs!

DEAR LORD - I just noticed your "nickname"....Bearbackrider....OMG....ROFLMAO

ps - stay OUT of the steam room...some couples broke up by the end of the cruise over that place!

Archived