Owner Suite - Room Service

Can you order a full breakfast from room service when in a Owners Suite. we were in a JS on the EOS to bermuda in Sept. and I seem to remember something about full suite person being able to order more than the regular room service menu. We are booked in a OS in Jan 2009. The normal RS breakfast menu that you hang on the door is terrible food and I am hoping we can get an improvement in Jan. (such as omlets, fried eggs etc). We enjoy having breakfast in the room and remember when we were on HAL how good the breakfast was.

Actually, all RCI cabins don't get the same room service menus anymore. Grand Suites and up now get the full dining room menu delivered. I can't remember how breakfast was handled, but on a few occassions on our last sailing on the Mariner my family enjoyed having the dining room menu delivered to our cabin vs the dining room. It's a nice (relatively) new perk for the suites.

Actually, all RCI cabins don't get the same room service menus anymore. Grand Suites and up now get the full dining room menu delivered. I can't remember how breakfast was handled, but on a few occassions on our last sailing on the Mariner my family enjoyed having the dining room menu delivered to our cabin vs the dining room. It's a nice (relatively) new perk for the suites.

We had a D1 Balcony on Independence and we could order from the dining room menu via the TV.

I've been in JS's and Balcony cabin's and tried writing in "toast" to go with the butter and jam and they wouldn't do it. First the omelet came off the breakfast room service menu, then the scrambled eggs. Now its just a continental type breakfast. I didn't look at the menu when I was in a GS and OS on Sovereign last month.

`

Just off the Freedom and had a OS. The only thing that you could order for dinner from room service was the items posted on the menu from the TV, regular room service and Johnny Rockets.

We had a RFS on Radiance last year, and the room service breakfast menu did have full breakfasts on it, including eggs, bacon etc... but I tried to get oatmeal and they called and said I could not write in anything.:(

One morning I asked for Frosted Flakes which weren't on the menu and got them!! Isn't it amazing how something so small can really brighten ones day!!

`

Just off the Freedom and had a OS. The only thing that you could order for dinner from room service was the items posted on the menu from the TV, regular room service and Johnny Rockets.

Maybe it's just on Voyager class ships....but we definitely had the dining room menu available for room service in our GS on the Mariner in May 2008. It was a selling point over JS or balcony for my family.

In summary...:cool: The dining room and room service menus/options varies from ship to ship, from week to week, and from Captain to Captain. Pretty much SOP for Royal Caribbean :eek:

###

Aaaaaaah........you took the words right out of my mouth!!

Lets not blame the Captain for the food!!

We continually learn more about RCCL and criuising........on every cruise that we take.

Actually........our 16 night cruise thru the Panama Canal........was one of the best we have experienced..........food wise.........for the past year.

And..........yes.....we had eggs benedict, eggs.anyway that you like them, and anything else off of the morning MDR menu............in our cabin.

The food onboard any of the RCCL ships still beats almost all of the airlines.....except maybe Singapore Airlines.:)

Rick

We usually hang the card the night before...we write all special requests and unless the server is in a less than bright happy mood always get what we ask for... Actually I found that to work better than calling down to ask for things, when ordering by phone the order taker was pretty much what is on his/her list only, no imagination.

Enjoy!!! Ask and you likely will receive.

• 2 months later...

We were on Monarch in a Superior OceanView and just wrote in what we wanted on the door hanger for breakfast. We only did it one morning(since it was only a 3 night cruise) but we wrote in a lot...eggs...pancakes...bacon...home fries and multiple orders of each...came the next morning exactly on time no problem with a smile....they even called right before to tell us it's on it's way.

Can you order a full breakfast from room service when in a Owners Suite. we were in a JS on the EOS to bermuda in Sept. and I seem to remember something about full suite person being able to order more than the regular room service menu. We are booked in a OS in Jan 2009. The normal RS breakfast menu that you hang on the door is terrible food and I am hoping we can get an improvement in Jan. (such as omlets, fried eggs etc). We enjoy having breakfast in the room and remember when we were on HAL how good the breakfast was.

So......have you cruised yet.........or just headed out?? We would like a report on how you fared with room service in your OS.

My DW is on a cruise right now.......and tells me that the ship is still delivering what she is asking for........in her cabin (OS) every morning.

She gets eggs over easy, poached, omelets, hash browns, toast. I believe that it comes from the MDR galley.

Rick

Archived