Welcome Home Carnival Miracle

TVMet

Bay News 9 in Tampa is showing chopper pixs of the Carnival Miracle passing under the Sunshine Skyway to arrive at its new homeport of Tampa. She has a two day cruise to nowhere then starts the Western Caribbean route on Sunday.

I know it doesn't make any kind of rational sense, but I'm kind of peeved that the Miracle is going to Jacksonville to act as a floating hotel for the Super Bowl. I don't want all those Super Bowl people pawing all over my ship before I get to go on it next August. I'd rather have regular cruising people like myself on it over that time.

Now why would Super Bowl people be any harder on a ship than cruising people? They wouldn't. Heck, they might be easier on it if they are spending all day off the ship. But I still feel that way.

I was wondering where the Miracle goes next January. It disappears off the schedule from Tampa for a few weeks. I saw something on the board about it going to Fort Lauderdale for a 3 day cruise but I couldn't figure it out. Now I know, Jacksonville for the Super Bowl. Makes sense though. It will introduce some people to cruising that have never been on a ship. Good PR. Is Miracle the only ship being used as a hotel during the Super Bowl?

I was wondering where the Miracle goes next January. It disappears off the schedule from Tampa for a few weeks. I saw something on the board about it going to Fort Lauderdale for a 3 day cruise but I couldn't figure it out. Now I know, Jacksonville for the Super Bowl. Makes sense though. It will introduce some people to cruising that have never been on a ship. Good PR. Is Miracle the only ship being used as a hotel during the Super Bowl?

Actaully there are five ships that are going to be used. Along with Miracle there is Holland America's Zuiderdam, Zaandam, Volendam and the Radisson Seven Seas Navigator.

Archived