In cabin wireless

stbmom

Last year on the Glory, we were in 7275 (Empress deck, near the glass elevators), and I had a good connection there. It was so nice to be able to log on in the comfort and privacy of my own room. :) If you go to the Carnival site, you can find the prices for internet use. It is the same price, whether you use your laptop or their PC's. It is sold in blocks of minutes, or you can pay 75 cents per minute as you go, which is a much higher price. I believe it's $55 for 100 minutes, plus an activation fee of $3.95....but I'm not positive on that, so you better check it. Also, there will be times advertised in the Capers when there are specials on internet use, like two minutes for the price of one. So watch your Capers for that.

A word of caution!! My adult daughter used my laptop one time, and I neglected to make sure she had logged out. Used up all the minutes I had left, and I had to buy more. :mad: Thankfully, it was toward the end of the cruise! So always make a point to be SURE your connection has ended before you walk away from your laptop!

And thanks for the connection advice. That would be me that would probably mistakenly leave it connected! My dh is in a fantasy football league, currently in first place :D They will be nearing play off time when we cruise. Plus, I am queen of a You Pick Em league!

Oh yea, and checking in to work blah, blah, blah. What is really important is football!

And thanks for the connection advice. That would be me that would probably mistakenly leave it connected! My dh is in a fantasy football league, currently in first place :D They will be nearing play off time when we cruise. Plus, I am queen of a You Pick Em league!

Oh yea, and checking in to work blah, blah, blah. What is really important is football!

Ummm.... Sounds like you better buy the biggest block of minutes they offer! ;)

Also, you need to be aware that the internet is slow on all ships. It's a little faster than dial up, but "high speed" does not describe it with any stretch of the imagination. :rolleyes: I'm not sure how well it will handle online games.... Maybe someone who has played them can advise you on that.

Will be on the Glory - does the wireless service work well in all cabins?

Anyone know the price for one week?

GLORY IS A FOR SURE NO.... NOT YET ANYWAY. you must be in a general public area. about 75$ is what i spend on internet in the week, and that is about 2 - 3 hours a day just to check email, bank accounts, credit cards, etc.

However, some game sites you CAN NOT GET through their internet service.

Hmmm.... It worked well for me a year ago! :cool:

You must have had a suite or a cabin on the spa deck. in normal cabins, it does not work. I have been on glory 3 times, and each time could not get it in my cabin. have stayed on deck 8,10,and 2 and NO internet service. You were a lucky one I guess. Maybe over or under the internet lounge. or on a balcony. But it don't work in inside, or ov cabins.

You must have had a suite or a cabin on the spa deck. in normal cabins, it does not work. I have been on glory 3 times, and each time could not get it in my cabin. have stayed on deck 8,10,and 2 and NO internet service. You were a lucky one I guess. Maybe over or under the internet lounge. or on a balcony. But it don't work in inside, or ov cabins.

We were in a cat. 11 suite 7275, which is a little forward of midship, so not near the internet cafe. I don't know why it worked, but it surely was nice that it did! I was also able to use it on the Miracle last month in an aft wrap suite on deck 5.

Anyone know about the Freedom.We will be on the Empress Deck room 7279. I have to check in with family and a few other things while we are cruising.

I don't know about the Freedom, but since it is so new, I am going to guess that it does have ship wide internet. Maybe someone can confirm that it does. We're booked on it, but not until Nov. 09. When are you going? Until we discovered the aft wraps, the area of 7275 was our favorite location. It's so convenient to the glass elevators, which we love.

The newer ships do have in room access. The older ships, it is slowly being added to the cabins. That is my understanding anyway. As the ships go into revamping, they will be adding the web service to all cabins.

I think someone else said they had it in the suites, so that is my problem. I refuse to pay an extra 1000 per person for a suite. would love to, but i can book 2 cruises for what one suite cabin would cost me.

I think someone else said they had it in the suites, so that is my problem. I refuse to pay an extra 1000 per person for a suite. would love to, but i can book 2 cruises for what one suite cabin would cost me.

You would be surprised at the deals I've gotten on cat. 11 suites, especially with DH's military discount. ;) I can live without them, but DH insists on having the VIP boarding. However, when I cruise with a friend and leave DH at home, we go with OV. But my favorite is the aft wrap.....some are 9A and some 11, but all are worth the price! :D

PS - All Cat. 11 suites on the Conquest do not have in cabin internet, but hopefully they will add this during its upcoming drydock.

Archived