Thanks to all our Veterans

This is to thank all those who have served, are presently serving, and especially those who have lost loved ones who served.

As a veteran, I get tearyeyed when I see Old Glory proudly displayed. A special thanks to:

My dad, USN WWII

My oldest son, Army

My cousin Wayne, USMC Vietnam

My cousin Gene, Army Iraq

and many friends who proudly served so you and I can have this great country.

God bless our Veterans and their families

Today is a good day to reflect on the sacrifices that so many veterans have made.

I would like to honor my Father, US Air Force, retired, deceased

my Brother US Air Force, deceased

my Husband US Navy

my Step-Daughter US Navy

and all of the veterans and active duty millitary personell.

THANK YOU!

Mike, I am right there with you. When we sail, it is really neat to visit different ports, but when we come back and see Old Glory............:)

A salute to my father USAF, Vietnam Veteran, deceased.

A salute to my father in law, USAF, hurricane hunter, retired.

A salute to many of the troops that I have worked with both active duty and USAR.

Thanks to all who have served and are currently serving all branches. Also, the biggest salute to the families who have traveled, moved and supported the military members serving.

Chuck

Capt

Army Mech Infantry / MP

1982 - 1994

A HUGE thanks to all our Veterans (past and present) and to the families at home holding down the fort. I know how difficult it is to be separated from our soldiers, but they do their duty with no complaints.

My DH is currently in the process of traveling to come home from a year long deployment and we can think of no better way to celebrate his return than with a cruise! We have 2 scheduled infact...lol :D.

In honour of all those who fought for the freedoms we now enjoy, please imagine the drones of the pipes playing "Amazing Grace" as you look at this photo taken in the US cemetery overlooking the D-Day beaches in Normandy, France.

The photo is of my son playign his pipes in Normandy. We went on a trip of a lifetime to visit the sites in France and Belgium. The trip changed my life.

514475658_d74ec83dcf.jpg

In honour of all those who fought for the freedoms we now enjoy, please imagine the drones of the pipes playing "Amazing Grace" as you look at this photo taken in the US cemetery overlooking the D-Day beaches in Normandy, France.

The photo is of my son playign his pipes in Normandy. We went on a trip of a lifetime to visit the sites in France and Belgium. The trip changed my life.

514475658_d74ec83dcf.jpg

We were in Normandy and walked on Omaha beach 06/07-what an emotional experience!

Thank you for your service:

My uncle-WWII,

My brother-career National Guard-Ret,

His son-Army,

My brother-Career Navy-Ret,

His son-Army,

My brother-Career Air Force-Ret,

Son #1-Marines in Iraq,

Son #2 Army officer in training,

Sister's son-Marines,

Other nephews who are waiting to take their oath of allegience,

And all those who have served and are serving, and the Families who supported them.

Very nice post! :) I am Air Force and tend to notice that a number of families have a history of generations servings. My Dad served, on of my two brothers served and one of his sons is serving. And now I have a grand nephew currently at AF academy and will be serving in two years.

I have a Q? I am retired army personal. and when I went to book Oasis and there is a box to check for a military discount. I did not knotice it at first, So I checked it the second time. and I saw that even with the military discount box checked, the prices were the same????? Weird huh. I called RCCL and I was told that the discount does not allways apply. Hmmmmmm.

Thank you to all for remembering all the dedication for past and present serving members of our military.

Cheers from Beers.

GotBeer,

It would very unusual for Oasis to offer Military Discounts this early in the game. You probably checked the Military Discount box on the first page. This only makes you eligible "IF" they do indeed advertise the discount. Don't look for any Military, Senior, Resident discounts on Oasis anytime soon.

Thanks for serving your country.

Rick, US Army, Vietnam '66-'67

I am very thankful for all of our veterans and military members currently serving our country. I don't have any immediate family serving right now (a couple of uncles and cousins who did in the past), but I live near the beautiful Crystal Coast of North Carolina, right between Camp LeJeune and Cherry Point. Many of my neighbors have served or are serving in the Marines. Many church members and family members of children who attend DD's elementary school, too. We love to hear the military jets fly overhead, and DD often says, "That's the sound of Freedom!" Amen! :)

Archived