Football on Thanksgiving Day

We were on the Star too (Hi Carolyn) and the Red Lion is a great place for watching football, no doubt ... but I am wondering about the conflict of pro vs college games on Thanksgiving Day. They only have one big screen; my dh thinks he remembers a couple of smaller TVs, and I can confirm from the photo I took there is at least one smaller one at the other end of the bar that I remember watching. I do remember when the Giants were on, they had the same picture on the big screen as the small screen....... but then again, there was probably no conflict. It's satellite, so I imagine they get it all. Maybe you can negotiate if it's not too crowded. It was never packed to the gills or anything.

My dh also claims we had the Giant's game on in our cbain, but he thinks it was FOX sports. I don't remember that .... :o

We are on the Star, at sea on Thanksgiving Day. Texas plays A&M at 7:00 pm Central Time on ESPN, so I'm gessing we will be in the 5:00 pm time zone. Does anyone know if we will be able to catch the game - and if yes, where on the ship will it be shown?

Thanks!

My daughter is a recent Alabama grad and is working on the Pearl. She has been able to see the games this Fall as long as they WERE ON ESPN - so you should be in luck! My husband (a Texas alum) was wondering the same thing about the Longhorn/Aggie game - Hook 'em:D!

We are on the Star, at sea on Thanksgiving Day. Texas plays A&M at 7:00 pm Central Time on ESPN, so I'm gessing we will be in the 5:00 pm time zone. Does anyone know if we will be able to catch the game - and if yes, where on the ship will it be shown?

Thanks!

I hope the football games are on the espn tv while we are having the sea day on Thanksgiving. What is Thanksgiving without some football thrown in.

Do any of the people from Ohio play euchre? We are originally from Ohio, thus our name Buckeye Fan. OSU plays Michigan on Nov. 22, our departure date.;)

How many of you will be coming to the meet and greet on the Star? I hope all of you. Please go to the roll call for the Star and let Clay know.

We have been on the Star twice before and like it. NCL does a good job with the meet and greets. I hope we have enough people for NCL to send several of their staff plus provide a nice party place for us.:)

We currently live in Oceanside, not too far from you. Look forward to meeting all of you at the meet and greet.

David and Ann:D

We will be traveling with both A&M and Texas alum, all family members, so the game is important! Also, we're traveling with my husband's family from Ohio, and the Texans play the Browns on the Sunday we are at sea. Here's the plan..... My son is going to bring his laptop, purchase the internet package and use his slingbox to broadcast the NFL game from his home tv. If the connection works. He figures it will be expensive but we can take up a collection for the internet and it should be a fun family event since both teams are in the tank this year! We're just hoping the college game will be broadcast!

We will be traveling with both A&M and Texas alum, all family members, so the game is important! Also, we're traveling with my husband's family from Ohio, and the Texans play the Browns on the Sunday we are at sea. Here's the plan..... My son is going to bring his laptop, purchase the internet package and use his slingbox to broadcast the NFL game from his home tv. If the connection works. He figures it will be expensive but we can take up a collection for the internet and it should be a fun family event since both teams are in the tank this year! We're just hoping the college game will be broadcast!

I believe the connection on the ship is too slow for slingbox, but it doesn't hurt to try. You may want to get a smaller package at first and see if it will work before buying a giant package to use for the game.

I believe the connection on the ship is too slow for slingbox, but it doesn't hurt to try. You may want to get a smaller package at first and see if it will work before buying a giant package to use for the game.

I wondered about that and hate to disappoint the fans! My son is an IT Manager and pretty up to speed on all things gadget related, so if anyone can figure it out, he will - but sometimes you just can't make it happen. I appreciate the comments!

Cathy

Archived