Whaaat? Strange call...

bumbles

Just got a call from Carnival saying that my February 23 booking was in danger of being canceled if I didn't make a payment. I have just more than $100 left to pay in total (which would be almost paid for completely but I had the prepaid gratuities added) and the final payment wasn't due until December 25.

I thought this was odd...anyone else ever get a call like this? I've been paying money every month and my last payment was on October 13. When I said I thought I had until December 25 to pay in full, she said, "OK...it was just a courtesy call to let you know." What's up with that? Am I wrong??...Is there a danger of it being canceled? :confused:

Just got a call from Carnival saying that my February 23 booking was in danger of being canceled if I didn't make a payment. I have just more than $100 left to pay in total (which would be almost paid for completely but I had the prepaid gratuities added) and the final payment wasn't due until December 25.

I thought this was odd...anyone else ever get a call like this? I've been paying money every month and my last payment was on October 13. When I said I thought I had until December 25 to pay in full, she said, "OK...it was just a courtesy call to let you know." What's up with that? Am I wrong??...Is there a danger of it being canceled? :confused:

A big TA just went out of business yesterday. Was your credit card charged directly to Carnival or the TA? Check out the HAL and Ask a Cruise Question boards.

Somebody is getting over on you. Just call Carnival and have them look at your reservation to make sure all is OK. No need to panic.....

what came up on the caller ID?

Are you 100% sure it was carnival and not a scammer looking for your credit card info?

:eek:

I would call Carnival and check up on that. It sounds odd.Not that I'm encouraging paranoia, but are you sure it was someone from Carnival calling?

I totally agree!

With no assurance that this was infact Carnival calling....what would have happened if you gave them you CC info. and it was a scam by some phisher just to get ahold of your info.

To much of this going around lately, call Carnival and ask them if someone called and please let us know, i'm curious now.

I thought someone was trying to pull something over on me. She said she was from Carnival and had my booking number (we have two bookings on the same cruise - she gave me the one that still had a balance on it)...that's what really concerned me. I booked directly through Carnival's website. I do not have caller ID so I don't know where the call originated from.

I did call Carnival and the PVP was also very concerned and confused about the call. He said everything was in order with the booking though and I didn't have to pay anything if I didn't want as long as it's paid in full prior to December 25th - no danger of cancelation. Just strange and unnerving that someone could have my booking info...I don't like that at all...

Do you have caller id - if so was the number identifiable? I know I don't even answer my home phone anymore if the number comes up unknown or private.

I know each TA I have used did the charge directly from the cruise line and not the agent. I would never give my credit card to any call that I didn't initiate.

Do you have caller id - if so was the number identifiable? I know I don't even answer my home phone anymore if the number comes up unknown or private.

I know each TA I have used did the charge directly from the cruise line and not the agent. I would never give my credit card to any call that I didn't initiate.

I don't have caller ID...and I didn't give out any credit card info (nor would I ever)...but she didn't ask for it either.

Archived