What is difference between category 8C and 8I ??

Ykgorbie

Can anyone help with this? When we booked our upcoming cruise on the Miracle, we booked cabin 4232 and it showed up initially as a Cat.8C on our receipt. Now, when I look online, it still shows as cabin 4232 but says it's a Cat.8I......what does this change mean??

Carnival changed it's deck plans and prices. One deck may have been a 8C, but now it can be three or four different categories. They do this because they know which cabins are most popular and go fastest, so they make them a higher category to make more. They changed this not that long ago, August/September.

Pricing used to be 8A was the lowest deck and 8I would be an extend balcony three decks up from a 8A. Conquest class ships are easier to explain-majority of Deck 6 were 8A; Deck 7 8B, 11 and 12; Deck were 8C, and so on.....Now it is all different. Best thing to do is go to the website and look at the deck plans of the ship.

It all breaks down to location, location, location!

That "ain't necessarily so!" I booked an 8C aft (now 8G) for the Valor 4-19-09 last Dec., and when they changed categories, the price went up for those who booked after the change. But since then, the price has dropped $120 per from what I paid initially. Long story short, I DID get my price reduced by my PVP. It takes a while for her to get it processed, but it is worth the wait. Keep checking the prices, and hopefully, you'll get something back!;)

OOPS! I should have added this! I didn't get it all back. What they did was rebook me, charged me the extra fuel supplement and fees. I wound up with getting $120 off out of the first $200 I requested. Now I'm after an additional $20 per. I hope it works out.

Sorry if I might have seemed misleading. But anything I can get knocked off the price is better than nothing.:rolleyes:

Archived