Yippe, we got our upgrade call this morning!!!!!!!!

jaw62901

Well I just got the call from NCL on an upgrade. They had a cancellation that opened up an AFT Romance Suite (AD category) and they are willing to move us from our AFT AE suite to the AFT AD suite for no extra charge if we want it. If you had the chance would you take it or not.

Well I just got the call from NCL on an upgrade. They had a cancellation that opened up an AFT Romance Suite (AD category) and they are willing to move us from our AFT AE suite to the AFT AD suite for no extra charge if we want it. If you had the chance would you take it or not.

Since you're asking I have to ask, why are you asking? Is there any downside to taking the upgrade?

Break it down..

AE: separate bedroom with a queen-sized bed; floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open up to a private balcony; a living and dining area; and a private bathroom with a luxury bath and shower. Each suite also includes a CD/DVD library, refrigerator, minisafe, television, music console, direct-dial telephone, and a hairdryer. Butler service and concierge available. Approximately 286-sq.-ft. suite with 65-sq.-ft. balcony.

On Decks: 8, 9, 10, 11

Romance Suite

Separate bedroom with a queen-sized bed; floor-to-ceiling glass doors that open up to a private balcony; a living and dining area; and a private bathroom with a luxury bath and shower. Each suite also includes a CD/DVD library, refrigerator, minisafe, television, music console, direct-dial telephone, and a hairdryer. Butler service and concierge available.

Approximately 287-sq.-ft. suite with 88-sq.-ft. balcony.

So my wife just called me after calling NCL back. She found out that an AD did open up, but they originally called to find out if we wanted to move up a category for $600, not to offer a free upgrade like she originally thought. Obviously my wife politely declined.

I have stayed in an AD on the Jewel and highly recommend it over an AE.

You are a 1-2 decks higher, and you have a balcony that is a little more open to the sun above. Not sure the size is that much different (cabin or balcony), it is just in a nicer location in my opinion.

If you want some pics of the AD, send me an email at zimomiller@aol.com

Ahhhhhhh $600 - I wouldn't take it for that either.

Actually Katie and I are cheap when it comes to staterooms and we stay in the OV amidships on a lower deck. We're never in the room except to sleep, so haven't seen the need to pay the extra for balcony/suite/penthouse etc.

Thomas

I agree.. for $600.00 I would not take it either. We are on a sailing for 14 days next year on the Dawn and I think the difference between the Aft AE and AD was just a few hundred. I know it wasn't any more than $600.00. The balcony is a bit bigger, but other than that the staterooms are about the same.

I guess I shouldn’t be to upset. We are booked on our first cruise in an AE suite sailing for 10 days, which came about from an upgrade by NCL in the first place.

Right! and it's less than 2 months away. The time will go fast because of the holidays before the trip.

Get ready for the time of your life.

Right! and it's less than 2 months away. The time will go fast because of the holidays before the trip.

Get ready for the time of your life.

I'm sure we will have a great time and don't get me wrong we are both very excited about going, but since this is our first cruise it's unfamiliar territory for us.

Archived