Best excursions: Cabo, Manzanillo, Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan?

high seas gal

We're taking our first cruise to Mexico on the Mercury in October. Any suggestions on the best activities, shore excursions, and the like? Thanks!

High Seas Gal
Northern California

NCL Sky Jun. 2000 (ALASKA)
NCL Sky Aug. 2001 (ALASKA)
Princess Regal Princess Jul. 2002 (ALASKA)
NCL Sun Sep. 2003 (ALASKA)
Celebrity Mercury Oct. 2004 (Mexico)

In Cabo definitely take the boat ride to Land's End.

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">
<param name="font" value="lcdb0">
<param name="year" value=2004>
<param name="month" value=03>
<param name="day" value=19>
<param name="hour" value=17>
</applet>

Donuts, is there anything they can't do....

• 4 months later...
I have been on the Mercury twice on this cruise and once on the RCCL Vision. I will also be on the Oct 13 cruise this year. No recommendations for CABO. It is easy to Navigate on your own. Mazatlan has the Old Town Walking tour. This is a great tour if you are mobile and active. I have done others and would come back to this tour again. Others have recommended the beach break in Puerto Vallarta, but I have done the basic bus tour and it is easy to take a cab downtown. Have fun and good weather. You will love the Mercury vs any NCCL cruise.

HighSeasGal,

Are you ready??? I went back looking for your original post but could not find it - We have been looking for things to do in PV and Cabo too - Mazatlan is taken up with Randi's. Have you looked into LasCelatas? I remember when we were in Cabo last year I thought if I ever came back we would do something on the water - it was just so beautiful out there. Almost here!!

We were on this cruise in February. We hired a driver in Acapulco as well as Puerto Vallarta , and it was alot of fun. We went with another couple from our dinner table and shared the expense. It was a good way to explore the ports without going on a tour bus. Woul recommend it.
Vicki

Archived