Resort for the day....

dlaf10

We are looking for a crowded hotel with pool, chairs, bars and restaurants in St Thomas or St Johns.. We've done Megans Bay and i personally don't care for it..But we love people watching, white sand and just places to get lunch and drinks..Has anyone been to Marriot Fishermans Reef? Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Non-guests are allowed at all the beach resorts for going to the beach and buying food/drink. At most, non-guests can rent chairs. The only one that has a day pass, which includes pool use, is Bolongo Bay Resort. Other resorts the pool is for guests.

So you are looking for a beach resort with good people watching? What didn't you like about Magens?

The beach at Marriot is Morningstar. Its a pretty beach, there is food/drink, not usually all that crowded but it could be if the hotels were full (there are two on site plus the timeshare next door). Usually the water is calm but its a bit pebbly when in the water, the shore however is pretty much all sandy.

--Islander

WE were just there a couple of weeks ago. Barely got the front desk to acknowlege me since we weren't guests. They don't do day passes and believe me, no one there was helpful even for renting chairs. The water was choppy too and not my cup of tea. After wasting $80 for taxis to get there, we ended up at Emerald beach resort, Best Western and had a great time. Staff were great. $7 for chairs and they threw in a float mat. Very quiet bay with clear water and soft sand; no rocks. Food and bar were very good and although expensive, not outrageous like the Marriotts. Kids rented kayaks and went out in the bay and when they returned them, the folks told them to come take them out again later for free! They even let them use the pool although that is not the norm. We will definitely be heading back there again next year.

We went over to St. John on our last trip to St. Thomas. We stopped at the little booth just off the dock an we got a day pass to the Wesin St. John. Keep in mind you have to go through one of the SALES PITCHES, but if you dont mind that, you can enjoy the resort for the day. WE DID!!

The Westin St. John had closed up their info booths in Cruz bay a couple weeks ago; planned to do something else with them but haven't heard anything new. If you were interested in doing the Timeshare sales pitch for a pass you likely want to contact the resort and inquire about it.

--Islander

and should offer all that you want. I would look up their site and contact them to see if they offer a day rate. I'm getting it for $90 on St. Kitts.

We stopped by The Marriott is Frenchman's Reef on our last trip to St. Thomas and it seems like a great place to hang out for the day!!

We stopped by The Marriott is Frenchman's Reef on our last trip to St. Thomas and it seems like a great place to hang out for the day!!

I asked at the Marriott Frenchman's reef about a day pass and was told they don't do that there. We couldn't even rent chairs there and left. ST Kitt's Marriott is different; did that last year and spent the whole day with a room to shower, etc. Guess they don't all have the same policies.

Archived