NCL Sun, 11/27/04 sailing: Fellow divers???

DiverDude

I am looking for any fellow divers on the 11/27 sailing of the NCL Sun. Planning dives in Roatan and Cozumel for certain and if we and up with Grand Cayman back on the itinerary, I will dive there as well.

Have already made diving arrangements in Roatan with a good DM - keeps dive group very small, 6~8 divers max - cost is only $60 total per diver for a 2-tank dive (almost half of a ship sponsored excursion). I will add a few fellow divers from this cruise if you are interested. Looking to do the same in Cozumel...

DiverDude

I am looking for any fellow divers on the 11/27 sailing of the NCL Sun. Planning dives in Roatan and Cozumel for certain and if we and up with Grand Cayman back on the itinerary, I will dive there as well.

Have already made diving arrangements in Roatan with a good DM - keeps dive group very small, 6~8 divers max - cost is only $60 total per diver for a 2-tank dive (almost half of a ship sponsored excursion). I will add a few fellow divers from this cruise if you are interested. Looking to do the same in Cozumel...

DiverDude

DiverDude, what time will you be diving in Roatan? And who are you going with in Cozumel? I will be on the ship but my situation is that on Cozumel I was going to dive with my father (who is not certified) doing the discover scuba. Well, what I am hoping is that he can do the course then I can meet up with him and the divemaster to do the dive (hopefully 2-tank boat dive). Let me know what the specifics are of your plans and I will see what I can work out to hopefully join you. Thanks for the post!

Hey Lithium, glad to hear you are interested in doing some diving while on this cruise.

For Roatan, we simply need to take a taxi from the dock over to the dive shop where they will be waiting for my group (however many of us there ends up being). Even if there are only 2 divers, they still take us out. We will want to disembark the cruise ship as soon as possible in order to allow for extra boating time with the dive shop if we want to keep all diving location opportunities open. There are some outstanding dive sites to visit - some further away from the shop then others.

As for Cozumel, I have not booked a specific dive operator yet. I want to dive with Aldora due to the extended dive time afforded by their operation (larger capacity tanks / grouping of similar skill levels) but with them we would need probably 5~6 divers to make it cost effective (private charter). If we can't set up a private charter, then Aldora is out since their routing dive schedule does not support the cruise ship arrival time. There are no shortage of other dive operators of course so that will not be a problem. Lots of good posts about Eagle Ray divers and how they support cruise ship divers. They are a likely 2nd choice.

Which dive operator are you setting up your father's discover scuba course with? If you already have that arranged, they could be another option so the two of you do not have to be separated as long as one of the other possibilities.

If we end up in Grand Cayman afterall, are you interested in diving there as well?

DiverDude (Ray)

Archived