Galley Tour ?

kellanrevere

The last time I inquired about a galley tour, it was said to be disallowed at this time because of poisoning fears (from the passengers). I think that the powers that be just don't want to be bothered to run bridge tours, galley tours, even backstage tours anymore, and are using terrorism as an excuse (IMHO). Ah, for the good old days, when passengers were considered guests and not liabilities! Nancy

The last time I inquired about a galley tour, it was said to be disallowed at this time because of poisoning fears (from the passengers). I think that the powers that be just don't want to be bothered to run bridge tours, galley tours, even backstage tours anymore, and are using terrorism as an excuse (IMHO). Ah, for the good old days, when passengers were considered guests and not liabilities! Nancy

Well, if my recent trip on the Infinity is any indication, this is just not the case. Galley tour, AND back stage tour of the theatre. Both were very interesting.

We asked the Restaurant Manager for a tour of the Galley on our last cruise and he was happy to arrange it.

The two kitchens are huge and its unbelievable how much they can do in so little time. The soup pots are big enough to swim in... lol

The only rule is that there are no tours near any meal hours (after 9/11). They are most comfortable about 2 hours before dinner or 2 hours after.

dinner.

I cannot wait to see the Millie kitchen on my May transatlantic. It must be twice as large as the Galaxy.

idssms

I have not asked about the galley tours but in the past I have been on engine room and bridge tours. The last time I asked they said since 911 they did not do anymore engine tours. I cannot tell you about galley tours. I would probally want to sample stuff in there. It does not hurt to ask for any tour of the ship.

Archived