Your Thoughts

I'm wearing mine to dinner!! It's your day, do what you want to do! Like you said, you only get to wear it once so you might as well wear it all day long. I don't think anyone will think it's goofy or weird. Even if they do...does it really matter? :) As long as it makes you happy, I say go for it!

Most definitely!! Many brides on here have done that and they always write how people were so nice and congratulated them everywhere they went. You only get to wear it once and for a short period of time so I say GO FOR IT! Now, if you are shy and not a fan of attention than don't wear it. It's your day so do whatever your heart says!

Goofy...heck no! i am going to do the same thing. I mean you spent all the money on it and I'm sure you love it show it off enjoy yourself and dont bother with what other people think!

i think it is going to be fun trouncing aroud the ship with my flowy chiffon wedding dress on and im sure i will love the attention.

Have fun with it you only get this moment with this man once in your life live it up

:D:D:D

I did wear my gown to dinner and we did get a ton of "congradulations" and "oh you must have been the couple that got married on the beach, we watched your wedding and we have pictures". It was nice to hear those statements. The downside was MANY passengers looked at me and asked "did you get married" at first I had said yes a million times and then I began to say "no I just felt like dressing up in this gown". One woman actually believed me and said "oh, well it's nice gown". After that I retired to my room to take it off.

I am thinking of wearing my gown to the dining room on the evening of my wedding. Do you guys think that this is goofy? I am thinking that I only get to wear this gown once, and I want to savor the moment. What are your thoughts?

Fantasy Bride,

I plan on wearing mine to dinner and I think most of the day. We are getting married in the afternoon so I think once I get dressed I will stay in my dress.

I paid for the dress I want to be able to enjoy it and not just for a couple of hours.

I hadn't even considered not wearing mine, i'm having my hair done and i want to wear my dress for as long as possible. So you won't be alone, a different ship, different time but all us brides in 2009 will be with you.

Enjoy it :)

We just got married 10/16 aboard Grandeur of the Seas. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to stay in my dress, but the minute you get to the port, the excitement just takes over and you don't want that day to end. Our wedding was at 12:30 p.m. and I did not get out of my dress and my hubby out of his tux until 9:30 p.m.! By then, after 9 1/2 hours ~ it was time! We had the best time walking around the ship. People would stop us and take our picture. We even danced by the pool in our wedding attire! Days later we were still hearing "there's the Bride & Groom" and we were wearing regular clothes. :D

I am thinking of wearing my gown to the dining room on the evening of my wedding. Do you guys think that this is goofy? I am thinking that I only get to wear this gown once, and I want to savor the moment. What are your thoughts?

i am going to be wearing mine to dinner that night too...and so is the rest of the bridal party. Savor every moment you can i say! and plus....no one is going to be like..."oh look at her, why is she so dressed up?" everyone will be happy for you that you got married!

We just got married 10/16 aboard Grandeur of the Seas. At first I wasn't sure if I was going to stay in my dress, but the minute you get to the port, the excitement just takes over and you don't want that day to end. Our wedding was at 12:30 p.m. and I did not get out of my dress and my hubby out of his tux until 9:30 p.m.! By then, after 9 1/2 hours ~ it was time! We had the best time walking around the ship. People would stop us and take our picture. We even danced by the pool in our wedding attire! Days later we were still hearing "there's the Bride & Groom" and we were wearing regular clothes. :D

i so hope that is what our wedding is like...i am a little nervouse about the whole thing because we dont "know" the officiant or how the ceremony is going to be for sure. this sounds just perfect and i hope that my day is that special!

• 2 weeks later...

Until I wondered into this thread I was going to take my dress off after all the formalities. Thanks for suggesting the idea and know that I too will be wearing my dress to dinner the night of our wedding!:D I like another poster considered wearing mine on the formal night but I'm not sure of that. Who knows..I may get a double take..but I know I will wear the shoes for formal night.

I was a little sad about not getting as much wear out of my dress as during a traditional wedding/reception.....but now it looks like I will get even more (one bride said 9.5 hours...whew). Thanks for bringing this up...and boy am I glad I wondered in here:cool:

WOW...I just got real excited about wearing my dress again...even though I have to wait till April :(

Archived