Sign and Sail Question

lalapet

We leave Monday for our first cruise ever but I have a question about the S&S card. I know that you have to pre-pay for the tips. You put that on your card when you board the ship. But, do you have to put any projected amount you think you willspend on there at the same time or does it accumulate throughout the cruise and you divy up at the end? Any Info?

We used cash also. When we checked in I told them I was using cash. They gave me my S&S cards and told me to go to the pursers desk once I boarded. Until then I could not use my card.

Once I boarded I went to the Pursers and put $500 cash on the cards. This much due to it being a 7 night cruise and for 2 of us. I then went back to my room and turned the TV on and checked my S&S account. It showed the deposit of $500 and the withdrawal of $140 for the tips. I then checked daily to make sure there was enough in my account. When I got low I would just go to the pursers desk and put more on.

Near the end try to let it run really low. If there is a balance due to you at the end they will give you a check. NOT cash back. I let mine run to 20 cents and was not about ready to go get a refund for it.

Have lots of fun. :)

That same Cruise Travel article says that CCL will incrementally "reserve credit" on your Credit Card as you charge on your S&S Card. The initial amount is $50. Good article to read so there are no surprises come end of cruise.

Archived