balcony question...sky

Kajunswty

getting things together for our cruise adn wondering if i need to pack something (tension rod) to keep the balcony door open..or does it stay open on its own?

sorry if this has been asked before, i tried the search with no luck

thanks

getting things together for our cruise adn wondering if i need to pack something (tension rod) to keep the balcony door open..or does it stay open on its own?

sorry if this has been asked before, i tried the search with no luck

thanks

Good question! I never would have thought of it!

I'd like to know the answer to this as well! We'll be on the Dawn.

the search feature was working better for me this morning :)

here's what i found from a post by

Ask4Jay

Not to worry about the balcony door. It has a rather long handle that is usually facing down when you enter your cabin. At that point the door rest in its track and cannot be moved. You need to rotate that handle to the UP position, which takes some effort. That lifts the door a fraction of an inch so you can slide it sideways in its track. Once you have the door where you want it (half open, fully opened or just a little bit), you rotate the handle back to the down position. That lowers the door and fixes it in that spot. As garycarla mentioned, there is a small extra thingy to lock the door.

his reference was a suite on the pearl but i'm assuming it would be the same on the sky ??

We were on the Sky, balcony stateroom 9037. The balcony does not have a sliding door. It is a regular door that opens out onto the balcony. If I remember correctly, there is a hook that can be attached to the handle to keep it open. Enjoy the cruise! :)

well darn...thats weird I could have sworn the photo i was looking at was on the sky..oh well. i'd like to be able to keep the door open, hopefully i can if not no biggie.

thanks...you wouldn't by chance have pics you wanna share? i've got the day to kill before we leave :)

• 2 weeks later...
The aft facing cabins on the Sky do have sliding doors as I recall, but we were in an AB suite, so that might be different than the BA's

Pardon the off-topic request, but this was only post I found regarding cabin 9268. All the chatter about sewage smells on the balconies, toilets leaking, cigarette smoke in rooms, bed bugs, etc. on the Sky had me worried about upcoming trip: are there any such problems in cabin 9268?

Pardon the off-topic request, but this was only post I found regarding cabin 9268. All the chatter about sewage smells on the balconies, toilets leaking, cigarette smoke in rooms, bed bugs, etc. on the Sky had me worried about upcoming trip: are there any such problems in cabin 9268?

Bedbugs? Oh My. Please tell me this is not so :(

Archived