Time for the Yael in Cabo?

luv2travel2beaches

Has anyone on the Sapphire Princess booked the Yael sailboat in Cabo? We are in port from 7am to 2pm and I have read that you are supposed to be back on board at 1pm. The Yael excursion is from 10am to 1pm. Will it work? Is there a time difference between the ship and Cabo that I should allow for? I don't want to book if the times will run us too short.

I would be leary of cutting it that close at a tender port. Cabo is sometimes a short port. I know that we stuck with a ship excursion in that port last January for that very reason. When I go back there in September we are in port longer, so I am also looking at Yael as a possible excursion at that time.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone on the Sapphire Princess booked the Yael sailboat in Cabo? We are in port from 7am to 2pm and I have read that you are supposed to be back on board at 1pm. The Yael excursion is from 10am to 1pm. Will it work? Is there a time difference between the ship and Cabo that I should allow for? I don't want to book if the times will run us too short.

We just returned from a week on the Sapphire Princess and did the Yael excursion while we were in Cabo (from about 8 - 1 pm). I would highly recommend it, especially considering the price ($57 pp)! The boat was great, the crew were pleasant and very knowledgeable about the island, it's history, and the sights. We met at 8:45 am at the marina and sailed out about 15 minutes to Pelican Rock where we snorkeled for about 45 minutes - lots of great and colorful fish to see! We then spent the rest of the time tooling around the area on the boat looking at the sights and enjoying the day. It wasn't really windy enough for us to sail, but they put up the main sail anyway and used the motor. Of course, on a windier day they would not use the engine. Snacks were served and the bar was open the whole time - pretty much anything you wanted, including soda and water.

There were 6 of us in total on the excursion, all from the SP, so the crew adjusted the day to fit our itinerary (from 9-noon, arranged in advance). The crew dropped us off back right at the tender just before 12 pm, as promised. With an hour to spare we were able to take a quick run through the nearby shops, and were easily back on the boat by 12:30. Go ahead and book this one!

Go ahead and book this one!

I would love to book it now, but I'm concerned that they won't adjust the times to work with our ship in February. I don't really want to pay as much as it takes to book the Yael Chica so that we can call the shots on times. Maybe if we get closer to our cruise they will be willing to adjust the times for us (if they aren't already getting booked up). Since it is whale watching season they may have more business though.

I would love to book it now, but I'm concerned that they won't adjust the times to work with our ship in February. I don't really want to pay as much as it takes to book the Yael Chica so that we can call the shots on times. Maybe if we get closer to our cruise they will be willing to adjust the times for us (if they aren't already getting booked up). Since it is whale watching season they may have more business though.

It might be worth asking them now if they will switch then any others to book would just plan on the 9a-noon sailing. When we were sailing past the beaches at the resorts they were empty! From what the crew said the slow US economy is really hurting things down there. They might be willing to make the change to get your business.

Archived