Your best beach tip---POST IT HERE

CeleBrat

OK--let's hear them. Share your best beach tip for kids on a cruise.

Here are mine:

1--We always pack a mesh bag to use as a beach bag. Why? Because it's super light and can be squished into a suitcase. And, because it has holes in it (mesh!). The holes allow all the sand to fall out of the bag BEFORE getting back on the ship. Less mess!

2--We also always pack 1-2 ziplock bags for each beach day. That way we are able to easily store shells we have collected. Once back onboard, we label the bag w/a marker ("St.Thomas/Magen's Bay) and throw it in the suitcase.

CeleBrat

Ok Celebrat you took my good tip!:D I too, take the mesh beach bags and baggies to bring back shells, sea glass and pebbles.

Another tip that I have - if you have an older child give then an underwater disposable camera. We gave DD (9 on her first cruise) a camera to take pics with at Half Moon Cay. She loves to snorkle and ended up taking some really neat pics. If you do this and want to attract some of the fish to take pics of - carry a single serve box of cereal with you. The fish really like froot loops (that is tip from DD).

Great idea Celebrat!

--Bring baby powder to get the sand off of their hands.

--If you want a camera to use both on the ship and off, get an Olympus SW 850 (about $220 or less), it is an underwater digital that takes video underwater too. You don't have to worry about leaving it in your beach bag while you are in the water because you just keep it strapped to your wrist and go. :) I've used it for snorkeling and wave runner tours.

--Buy sand toys at a dollar store before you leave. You never know how high the prices of the same toys are in another country.

--To keep sunblock out of the kids' eyes, use a baby sunblock stick on the face. You can usually find them in places like WalMart and they are marketed for "Babies" and for the face. It doesn't run into the eyes like lotions and sprays.

Archived