Cabins on Freedom

divadiverfl

Has anybody stayed in 1003 or 1004 on the Freedom. We are past guest and we paid inside cabins price for the upgrade to these cabins. CCL Carlos advised us these are oceanview with partial view but right outside the door is really our own private balconies. It is a really big room compared to others. This is the first time on this ship.:o

Has anybody stayed in 1003 or 1004 on the Freedom. We are past guest and we paid inside cabins price for the upgrade to these cabins. CCL Carlos advised us these are oceanview with partial view but right outside the door is really our own private balconies. It is a really big room compared to others. This is the first time on this ship.:o

These are Cat.4G inside cabins, no windows, no balcony. If this is the one that has windows, that you see infront is not a big balcony but part of the walkway that everyone uses.

Someone posted pictures of these cabins.

Fred

These are Cat.4G inside cabins, no windows, no balcony.

Fred

i think this might be wrong as i am looking at the deckplans now. if they are what i think they are these are the 4g obstructed oceanviews like the op stated. i am in 6204 on the liberty and have the same style room only not handicapped like these seem to be

i think this might be wrong as i am looking at the deckplans now. if they are what i think they are these are the 4g obstructed oceanviews like the op stated. i am in 6204 on the liberty and have the same style room only not handicapped like these seem to be

Nothing on 2 websites including Carnival's website stating anything about a partial view... but I did see a post on here with pictures about these cabins and it looked like some small porthole windows and that outside was a public walkway.

These 2 cabins also state:

Twin beds do not convert to a king-size bed

Fred

Nothing on 2 websites including Carnival's website stating anything about a partial view... but I did see a post on here with pictures about these cabins and it looked like some small porthole windows and that outside was a public walkway.

These 2 cabins also state:

Twin beds do not convert to a king-size bed

Fred

this is right. i talked to carnival last night to confirm with them that these 4g rooms on the very front of the boats do indeed have windows and the walkway outside. the windows apparently let you see out but wont let anyone look in.

Found an example:

Go to this thread and check it out:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=417989&highlight=cabin+1004

The following staterooms have obstructed views; outside the stateroom is a small observation deck that all guests

have access to.

Upper Deck 6

6201 6202 6203 6204 6205 6206

Empress Deck 7

7201 7202 7203 7204 7205 7206

Lido Deck 9

9201 9202 9203

Panorama Deck 10

1001 1002 1003 1004

Note: The windows are tinted so you cannot see inside the stateroom during the day; a sign inside the stateroom reads:

"Please keep the window curtain at night time closed for the safety of navigation."

Thanks for the links--I have been advised that the room is 221sq ft and 1003 and 1004 beds are the only ones that do convert to a full/queen

The walk way is rarely used so I have been told and yes I do know about the partial view. We are rarely in our cabins anyway mostly to sleep.

Anymore links to pictures of the Freedom. I went on Webshots and found some but I want more. Please----------:D

• 1 month later...
My kids (adults) will be in 1004 on the Freedom 11/30/08. I will let you know how it is when we get back.

This was a handicap room, with an obstructed view. It is is bigger than an inside cabin, with a bit of a wierd layout.

Even though the deck plan says the beds cannot be pushed together, when we got on board the beds were pushed together.

Since the kids are brother and sister, they quickly asked the steward to correct this.

Archived