Favorite brand of flip flops?

winediva

A good reason to go to Hawaii, (like I need a reason), is to pick up a pair of "Locals". You can find them on the internet, but a trip to Hawaii is a lot more fun! :D www.hawaiianlocals.com

If you are visiting the islands, you can find them at Walmart and local markets. These "slippers" do not scream tourist.

Boy am I late to this thread! I live and die in my Croc flip flops - the Athens or Crete styles. I have about 6 pairs in different colour combos.

I also have a pair of Croc Sassari sandals and a pair of Croc Patrica sandals. I missed the postman today who was delivering my new Croc Cyprus sandals.

I have nothing whatsoever to do with Crocs (I hate the look of the orginal things) but I find them so comfy, easy to clean and my feet do not get hot in them (with all the negatives that can bring). They are really light to pack.

Oh no -I just realised why the OH says I have too many shoes.:eek:

Are there any that are better for people with short toes and wide feet? (I'm half duck on my mother's side)

My DH jokes that I have "Flintsone feet"....ring any bells? LOL

I too have wide feet and short toes and Margaritaville brand and Reef brand have worked well for me. The Margaritaville ones needed a few days of breaking in, but they're GREAT.

I love that! Flintstone feet! Unfortunately, probably more like Fred than Wilma...

I'll check out the Reefs. Cute styles on the web page. Does anyone know if Canadian distributers sell them, other than the one in BC mentioned on their webpage? Or someone in Niagara Falls, NY or Buffalo? (I'm close to the border and can "hop the ditch" pretty easily)

Definitely my crocs. I, too, have about 6 pairs in different colors. The kind I wear have the cloth strap (not the plastic). They are the most comfortable flip-flops I've ever owned. I live in fear they will quit making them!

Bought a pair of Champion flip flops in Target today for $14. They're incredibly comfy! They're cushioned on the heel and the arch, as well as the inside of the straps that go over your feet. They're black on bottom with a white insole, black straps that are sky blue on the inside, so they basically go with everything. I was thinking in terms of how large the Liberty of the Seas is, and there will be a lot of walking from the cabin to the pool, the promanade, etc., plus I wear flip flops a lot on the weekend. Love these!

I was completely sold on my Teva Mush flips until I got a pair of Sanuk Yoga Mat ones. After wearing them for a day, I ordered another pair. I'm not sure how they would work for those with a really high instep, but I love them. They come in lots of cute colors too.

I've been looking around, but I still haven't found a Canadian vendor who carries Reef. But.

I bought a pair of flip-flops today. They're Hush Puppies - Badu is the style, I think. Very cushy sole with arch support, a slight heel for comfortable walking, leather, a nice high toe post and broad enough for the Flinstone feet. Only full sizes, so I went up the half size to a 7, but for once there isn't much extra at the front. And they stay on my feet! There's a broad perforated strap across the instep, but no problems with the fit there for a change. Plus I got them at Winners (like Marshalls but in Canada), so they were $40 Cdn...I checked on-line and they're worth $75 US! I do love a bargain!

There was a "cuter" pair with a slightly higher heel. I hope they are still there when I get paid again!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I now totally get why people like to wear flip-flops!

I wore a cute pair of Nine West pumps to work one day...bad choice! I walked to the bank and back, and ended up with a deep, open blister on one heel. I had to spend the rest of the afternoon and going home walking on my toes with my heel out of my shoe. Not easy because they are 3" heels and I take a 6.5!

Anyway, to save my foot, I wore my new flip-flops to work yesterday. Wow! Comfort!! I still feel nekkid, but I'm learning to get over that... :p

Archived