Favorite brand of flip flops?

winediva

I love reef flip flops because they have an arch support. You can wear them all day sightseeing and they're so comfortable. They come in lots of cute styles.

Havaianas are very trendy and cute, but I don't think they're as comfortable as Reefs.

I love Yellow Box flip flops too. I bought a pair about 3 years ago and now I'm hooked. I have the black sequiny ones too. I live in FL so I can get away with flip flops nearly year round. I still have the first pair I bought and they are still in great condition.

http://www.flipflopstyle.com/yeboxshne.html

This is a pair I want before my next cruise

flip-flop-style_2044_15921567.gif

I bought a pair of Havaianas several years ago b/c so many people raved about them, but I find them rather uncomfortable compared to my beloved Tevas (Mush and Olowahu) and Birkie Gizehs (pricey, but great arch support). Those are pretty much the only things to go on my feet during non-working hours once the weather warms up to the 60s or so. As far as the "dress flipflop" goes, I have a pearl encrusted pair that I have worn on formal occassions, so it can be done (or at least, I did it! :p)

I love JCrew. I have a pair of black flip flops that are super thin and lightweight. They go with me everywhere. The only down side to them is that I have worn them so much the tread has worn off of the bottom, and they are very slick on the pool deck. But I can put some rubber on the bottom to fix that problem. They are super comfy and do not cause blisters between the toes.

Sketchers is also a great and comfy brand.

I aboslutely adore my Reef Fannings, these are the ones with the bottle opener on the bottom. I have to have arch support, and these are great. I can walk all day in them. You can get a good price on the previous years colors on ebay, just search "reef fanning". I also love my Margaritavilles, good support, and the parrot on the bottom is adorable.

I bought the Reefs with the underneath "stash" for our last cruise, and they were perfect for storing our seapasses in if we didn't want to carry anything else. I got hooked on Reefs after buying a ton while visiting a friend in Florida. They are super comfy and have tons of cute patterns.

I also brought a pair of Havs that I rotated with my Reefs. One of the shops on Liberty had a sale on Havs and I ended up buying 4 more pairs! I'm pretty sure I now have every color and design they make. :o Love them and can't wait for warm weather to wear them everyday.

I live in FL and pretty much live in flip flops. My favorite is Reef Sandy's.

I also have a pair of Sanok Yoga Mat flip flops that are very comfy.

I think after reading this thread I just might have to try some Teva Mush and Fit Flops.

I love my Nike Neoprene flip flops. They are so comfy. I have never had a problem with toe rub in the middle with these. I was buying a new pair every year at Mervyns during one of their sales. With them out of business, not sure were to buy them from this year.

I wore my old ones so much, I finally put a small hole through them.

Nancy

After wearing shoes that hurt my feet SOOO bad one time in San Juan, PR, I stopped in some store there and bought a pair of cheap Reebok flips...they are GREAT. I never go on any trip without them now. I also really like my Keen flips....more sturdy than the above and has the piece that hides the big toe...very comfy.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I have these Island Sandals in just about every color & print that they have. They have a very cushy sole & great arch support. I can walk miles in these things.

http://www.ksoutlet.com/hawaiian/wcfc.htm

I just wanted to post that I ordered some of these in the wedge sandal ( http://www.ksoutlet.com/hawaiian/wdh.htm) and OMG they are the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn. They were kind of pricey and I was leary about spending that much money but I am so glad that I did. I will be ordering from here again...

Thanks so much for the link

Sandy :D

I just wanted to post that I ordered some of these in the wedge sandal ( http://www.ksoutlet.com/hawaiian/wdh.htm) and OMG they are the most comfortable sandals I have ever worn. They were kind of pricey and I was leary about spending that much money but I am so glad that I did. I will be ordering from here again...

Thanks so much for the link

Sandy :D

I actually saw 5 styles of wedge sandals..which style # did you get?

And and fyi for all: Old Navy has an enormous selection of flip flops for $5, I almost went crazy in there yesterday! Have fun!

Michelle

I actually saw 5 styles of wedge sandals..which style # did you get?

And and fyi for all: Old Navy has an enormous selection of flip flops for $5, I almost went crazy in there yesterday! Have fun!

Michelle

I bought #584 in White.

I love the flip flops at Old Navy too!;)

I have a lot from Privo and Merrell that are beach, water, sand, thong-style shoes:

http://www.zappos.com/product/7507067/color/89

http://www.zappos.com/product/7505094/color/3

http://www.zappos.com/product/7459841/color/3

Everything I've bought from Privo and Merrell are really comfy, but if I know I might go on a zipline or somewhere that the shoe needs to stay secure, I'd go with Merrell's. They usually have a neoprene toe 'ring' (more like a 'sling') that keeps them secure. Super, super comfy!

I throw both brands into the washer and then air-dry with no problem.

I LOVE my Reef slap flip flops. DH bought me a pair at Ron Jon's after our wedding and before our honeymoon because my feet hurt so bad. I didn't take them off for the whole cruise. They don't have as many colors anymore of the slap and I've looked at the fanning, but I'm worried if you could get through security with the metal on the bottom. I don't normally wear flip flops in an airport, but sometimes on the way back, I'll leave them on.

I am a Teva girl-have many of the other brands discussed here and like them but for me the ultimate in comfort are my Tevas-I have five different pair in various styles and colors and every one of them is wonderful!!!

Archived