Should I be worried? No docs yet!!

Avril

I'm sailing in 43 days on the Eurodam for New Years!! :D I'm getting a bit worried though as Mom and I haven't gotten our cruise documents yet. We booked directly through HAL and are booking our own airfare. I would have thought they would have come in the mail by now. Should I be worried yet and should I call HAL?

Thanks!! :D

Personally, I would not worry yet. We've had documents show up as late as two weeks before the cruise. Also there was a thread about not really needing that little blue packet you get from Hal. In actuality all you need is your boarding pass that you get after you do your on line registration. So don't sweat it, if you haven't gone on line yet to complete your immigration forms do so now and print out your boarding pass, that will be all you need to get on the ship. You can pick up luggage tags at the dock. Have a great cruise.

We're on the Dec. 19th holiday sailing of the Prinsendam and just received our docs four days ago. You can check if yours have gone out at http://track.dhl-usa.com/Track using your booking # as your reference #. It may not show up the first time you try, so check every couple of days. Unfortunately, according to recent news reports, DHL won't be providing this service too much longer, but in the meantime, give it a try. Happy sailing.:)

Thanks!! :D I was just getting a bit worried as I'm so looking forward to the cruise (which will be my 1st with HAL) and didn't want anything stopping me and my Mom from getting on the ship!!

Check the DHL site every couple of days to track your docs when you get close to six weeks out.
And how do you get the DHL # to track the docs? Just curious.

My cruise sails on January 4th but I'm doing a pre-cruise to Iguazu Falls on January 1st and I still have no idea what hotel I'm staying at in Rio or Iguazu Falls nor do I know what the itinerary is. Is there some place I can look this up on the HAL website? I'm used to the Princess website where all the details are there from the time I book. Oh, and my docs haven't arrived yet which is why I'm asking. I'd hate to find out all of my transfer and hotel info just two weeks before leaving.

And how do you get the DHL # to track the docs? Just curious.
It's your HAL booking number, in the Reference box of Track By Reference (click). If you get "No shipments found", either DHL hasn't picked them up from HAL yet, or you need to widen the date range, or they went in a bulk shipment to your TA with others.

You can check if yours have gone out at http://track.dhl-usa.com/Track using your booking # as your reference #. It may not show up the first time you try, so check every couple of days.

OMG, I just did this again and our docs have been picked up by DHL. :D I'm hoping they'll be here in the next couple of days!! :D I'm so excited!!!! :D Thanks so much!!!! :D

It's your HAL booking number, in the Reference box of Track By Reference (click). If you get "No shipments found", either DHL hasn't picked them up from HAL yet, or you need to widen the date range, or they went in a bulk shipment to your TA with others.

Thank you so much. My replacement docs from the CVC closure are in town and on the way. What a relief! Now I can go on to the next problem: rebooking our 2010 cruise with the cruiseline.

two comments:

I got my docs for 12/14 about a week ago...your's should arrive any day!

DHL will be ending it's domestic shipping services Jan. 30, 2009 (link to press release). Hopefully, those who receive their docs via another carrier will let people know who to expect them from in the future.

http://www.dhl-usa.com/restructuring/index.asp

Have a great trip!:)

Yay! HAL shipped our docs on Friday! Thanks for tracking instructions. Our last cruise was booked just a few weeks out, so we got our docs at the pier. Having the docs in hand will sure add to the anticipation level (not that I really need that).

Personally, I would not worry yet. We've had documents show up as late as two weeks before the cruise. Also there was a thread about not really needing that little blue packet you get from Hal. In actuality all you need is your boarding pass that you get after you do your on line registration. So don't sweat it, if you haven't gone on line yet to complete your immigration forms do so now and print out your boarding pass, that will be all you need to get on the ship. You can pick up luggage tags at the dock. Have a great cruise.

It's not necessary to have a boarding pass. All that's required is appropriate ID, usually a passport. It's a good idea to know your booking number too, primarily for your own peace of mind. :)

I'm lurking near the mailbox every day waiting for my docs.

I'm going to be doing this as well. :D Our docs were shipped from Seattle, Washington on Friday and are currently in Wilmington, Ohio in transit. I wonder, how long it will take them to get into Canada and then into my mailbox? I'm so excited, I can't wait!!!! :D

Having the docs in hand will sure add to the anticipation level (not that I really need that).

It sure does add to the anticipation level ( and you're right, you don't really need that)!! :D It also makes it seem more real, yes, I really am going on that cruise on that ship!! :D

Archived