To teachuk

bwchippie

Congratulations again!

How are you finding Lisa @WBYI? I keep having to hurry her along, as the carribean way of life is so slow and i feel like theres not much time!

Do you know your venue yet?

We've chosen the beach chapel, but unsure of it's location. There will only be the 2 of us there and our daughter. Afterwards we've booked the sunset sailaway cruise to add a little romance to our very casual wedding.

Are you travelling alone?

Any ideas you've got i'd love to hear.

Actually our new arrangements have been all a bit rushed, dont know if you have read my post ref our disasterous wedding plans for a princess cruise and wedding on st. thomas, here's a link. (its a bit long)

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com...d.php?t=873334

we altered our plans to save some money and to time the wedding when we were going to be low on work (xmas) and as ocean village had such great last minute deals, decided on barbados for the wedding (Knowing that they had to make that port, mid cruise for passenger changeover) and chose the wedding planner by researching on cruise critic. in particular after reading this post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=686827

also see their pictures here.

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...ost=good-times

we cancelled our old cruise on monday 10th nov, booked ocean village whilst doing so, paid for by the refund, pocketed £1600 being the balance owed to us even after losing the 10% for cancellation, contacted lisa at weddings beyond your imagination and she booked 23rd dec for us. all in the same day. I have to say though she is dragging her feet in getting back to us with a quote and suggestions for the wedding but we are trusting her word that she has booked 23rd for us, (sent an email to her today to gee her up)

anyway thats our story to date after months of planning, (we originally booked back in april 08) we managed to change everything in one day

its been a complete nightmare, but we are looking forward to it now just wish we would hear back from lisa to confirm the wedding arrangements,

:)

Congratulations again!

How are you finding Lisa @WBYI? I keep having to hurry her along, as the carribean way of life is so slow and i feel like theres not much time!

Do you know your venue yet?

We've chosen the beach chapel, but unsure of it's location. There will only be the 2 of us there and our daughter. Afterwards we've booked the sunset sailaway cruise to add a little romance to our very casual wedding.

Are you travelling alone?

Any ideas you've got i'd love to hear.

We (Hilary and Brian) are going for a beach wedding probably just b4 sunset to get a good variety of pics, (also gives plenty of time for hair, makeup etc. in the morning) probably back to ship for dinner at the bistro. Were travelling with 10 guests originally but now down to just grooms mum and dad.

Thinking of doing the sand ceremony (in luvmybears post)

Hilary is wearing her dress all day, (we are hoping to get the ships photographer to do some pics in the evening) myself i am wearing smart linens for the daytime/ceremony. then changing into a suit for the evening photos and dinner.

Keeping the wedding as simple as possible but splurging out on photos and videos as everyone back home wants a party, as soon as we get the video and pics:)

Sorry, I just had to 'barge' on in and say I used Lisa for our wedding last January. We had a fantastic wedding and she was the BEST! If you're on her website, the 'featured' couple you see on the main page...that's me and my husband! :)

If I can help you out in any way, let me know. I loved our wedding and the services Lisa provided and I'd be more than happy to help answer any questions if I can!

PS- Oh wow. I just realized that was my wedding review you read! I'm so happy it helped you make your decision.

Sorry, I just had to 'barge' on in and say I used Lisa for our wedding last January. We had a fantastic wedding and she was the BEST! If you're on her website, the 'featured' couple you see on the main page...that's me and my husband! :)

If I can help you out in any way, let me know. I loved our wedding and the services Lisa provided and I'd be more than happy to help answer any questions if I can!

PS- Oh wow. I just realized that was my wedding review you read! I'm so happy it helped you make your decision.

Yes a good reccomendation for Lisa from you and great photos etc. but how did you find her response times, so far we have rung her twice (spoken to her to check availability on Mon) have left 2 emails (Mon and Fri this week) trying to get the quotation for our wedding in 5 weeks time but still have not received any reply, we appreciate, as she told us, that she has 4 weddings this week and that she has promised us the date, but we have had such a nightmare with wedding plans over the past 8 months that it would be nice to have something more concrete arranged, as our alternatives will be getting fewer the longer she delays.....:confused:

you're experiencing the same difficulties as us then! Lisa was very quick with everything up til the moment when we paid the deposit, then things became slow. I've emailed twice in the last week trying to confirm things for our wedding in 6weeks time.

Our wedding is top secret, we have family travelling with us but they don't know our plans and we plan to tell them at night with a meal at the Bistro. As i said we are going very casual for everything - shorts and shirt for hubby to be and skirt for me.

I'm sure we'll see you aboard in your wedding gear, we arrive the day of your wedding. We also planned this quite quick, deciding to marry after we booked about 3 months ago.

What's the sand ceremony? Are you going to pick up photos the following week before you fly home or have them fedexed to you?

in fairness when we spoke to her she said that 23rd was available and she would keep it open for us, she had been off the island until the day we rang and had a backlog, plus she had 4 weddings that week that as she put it she was giving priority to as she would us when it was our turn. She did say that she could not promise when she would reply to our email but it would be some time, however that was tuesday last week and we dont want to miss out on other planners if she comes back with a way too expensive quotation, we are going to force the issue if we have not heard anything by monday night and will revert to the other planner who emailed us a quote within a day of our initial enquiries.

anyway good job you mentioned your wedding is top secret! we could have put our foot in it. How many people have you got travelling, we thought it was just your daughter??

The sand ceremony is where you have two or three glass containers which you fill with different colour sand (the third for either sand from the beach or in your case possibly for your daughter?) then you add portions of each sand into one bigger container (have seen heart shaped ones etc.) making a pattern in the vase / container which you keep as a keepsake of the occasion. you can even have the glasswork etched with initials / date etc. these are sold as kits here in u.k. but we have asked lisa for a quote on it..

Yes a good reccomendation for Lisa from you and great photos etc. but how did you find her response times, so far we have rung her twice (spoken to her to check availability on Mon) have left 2 emails (Mon and Fri this week) trying to get the quotation for our wedding in 5 weeks time but still have not received any reply, we appreciate, as she told us, that she has 4 weddings this week and that she has promised us the date, but we have had such a nightmare with wedding plans over the past 8 months that it would be nice to have something more concrete arranged, as our alternatives will be getting fewer the longer she delays.....:confused:

Sorry for MY late reply! :)

Honestly, I never had a big problem with the timeliness to her responses. There were a few times where it took her a few days to get back to me, but usually because she had another wedding or weddings going on and was busy. But when it was 'our turn', she was right on the replies...even as short as an hour to respond.

Have you done the initial 'consultation' with her? As in picking a venue, add on options, etc...?

As far as expenses go, her quote was the 'best for less' that we found after checking with a few other coordinators on the island. That is...the ones we got a hold of. There were two that never replied at all!

Ten of us travelling altogether, mostly family. We are quite private people and have been married before so don't want a big fuss, just want to seal the committment between the three of us. Family will be fine about it - we hope!

Hopefully we will see you and toast our celebrations.

Still waiting for Lisa, but thanks to you, at least we know why. Not long to go, can't wait. I would have liked to actually marry on board but unfortunately that wasn't an option on ocean village and we had already booked.

Ten of us travelling altogether, mostly family. We are quite private people and have been married before so don't want a big fuss, just want to seal the committment between the three of us. Family will be fine about it - we hope!

Hopefully we will see you and toast our celebrations.

Still waiting for Lisa, but thanks to you, at least we know why. Not long to go, can't wait. I would have liked to actually marry on board but unfortunately that wasn't an option on ocean village and we had already booked.

trust me, you probably have made the right decision (at least in terms of cost) by doing what you are doing as i said we had booked with princess who do onboard wedding options but the costs are ridiculous and the only wedding planner option is t.w.e. (a complete nightmare) they are contracted by princess, p&o and carnival (the only ones who do onboard weddings)

hilary has been married twice b4 but i,m new to it:) but i have had a previous long term relationship and have 2 boys, (who live with their mum)hilarys kids are all grown up, she has three, one of whom works for me.

finally got all the options and quote from lisa, had another quote from another planner (too expensive) so will be booking through lisa, feel more at ease now she has made contact.

would love to meet for a drink on board, we will be the ones overdressed on the day of your arrival....

Will come and find you in our life jackets!

Still not heard from Lisa this week, despite emailing her again. I am getting alittle worried now as we travel in 4 weeks. Do you have everything confirmed now?

no, nothing confirmed yet, just sorting out the details at the moment.

we have decided to trim back to the sand dollar instead of the star fish, seems to work out cheaper to add the options you want, (inconsistant prices) but waiting for the final quote.

Will come and find you in our life jackets!

Still not heard from Lisa this week, despite emailing her again. I am getting alittle worried now as we travel in 4 weeks. Do you have everything confirmed now?

finally getting somewhere with lisa at wbyi.

brief rundown

pick up from quayside 2.45pm

on to ministry for paperwork

wedding venue is south sea, ceremony video and photos etc. between 4 and 6

back to ship around 6.30 / 7.00pm

opted for express photo and video, so hopefully pick up on 30th dec

going to ask ships photographers for photos around ship in the evening.

probably have evening meal in either the bistro or la luna.

we will be easily identified as being dressed totally o.t.t.:D

you on the other hand will be hard to find in the standard lifejackets that all the new ships passengers will be milling around in:confused:

if for any unlikely reason we end up not bumping into each on board we hope you have as great a day as we hope to have:)

Well done! I emailed on Wednesday again - still no response so i phoned her this morning. I got lots of apologies and an assurance that she would email me back answering all my queries today. Off i went to work, on my return i've picked up my emails, surprise surprise, not one from Lisa. If i haven't heard by Monday i will phone again but I need the details in writing to cover myself if anything goes wrong.

If we manage to confirm arrangements, you will no doubt see us being picked up at the gangway early in the morning - about 10 i think. Quick wedding, bit of shopping/sunbathing, sunset cruise and then to the Bistro to announce our good news to family. We hope to pick our photos up the following week also. Had a photo shoot on christmas eve last year so are planning to have one by the ships photographer on the wedding day instead this year.

Fingers crossed.

Finally got somewhere! Lisa has been very good this week. Answered all my queries and daily emails for confirmation. Everything sorted now, just have to pack and keep the secret abit longer!

Look forward to seeing you on board.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Can't believe it's come around so quick. Hope you have a good journey tommorrow. Just a quick question - Lisa wants us to reconsider web hosting for the photos. We don't really see the point as we would like to collect the pictures the week after, just before we return to the U.K, and the internet on OV is not that great. What have you decided?

Hope you are all packed!

Can't believe it's come around so quick. Hope you have a good journey tommorrow. Just a quick question - Lisa wants us to reconsider web hosting for the photos. We don't really see the point as we would like to collect the pictures the week after, just before we return to the U.K, and the internet on OV is not that great. What have you decided?

Hope you are all packed!

nearly 12pm still awake and leaving at 6am!!!!!

on the web hosting, lisa will probably contact you to explain but as we understand it if you want to choose your prints / selections then this is the only way to do it. they will give you a password and website to view the pics (probably loaded on day after wedding or so)

if you trust the photographer to pick your prints then you can leave it to them!! however lisa does say that with some photographers web hosting is mandatory.

with regard to internet access to view photos i did a posting on the o.v. post and it appears that the internet on board may have been upgraded recently. failing that internet cafes on the islands charge around $3.00 for 30 min access. note you may need access to a web based email account (yahoo, msn. etc.) for lisa to email you and vice versa.

hope this helps.

see you next week

brian and hilary.......:D

Archived