Anyone just back from the NCL Jewel 5 day Western?

travel_mom_1

I hope everyone had a great cruise. I'm anxious to hear any details on the 5 day Western. Do you have Freestyle Dailies you can share? Those would answer lots of my questions such as:

What kind of shows were there?

Did you have a Second City group onboard? If so, how many shows did they do?

How much for the cruise long spa pass?

What is the thermal suite in the spa like? How does the thermal suite compare to the Pearls?

Any 2 for 1 specials at the specialty restaurants?

Any martini or margarita tastings?

Lissete - We might have to rely on you to bring back some information when you get back from your cruise.

Seems that way. I was hoping to get some advance info before we board. Geez, how did I ever travel before the internet??????? ;)

I will be sure to post when we get back though!

My husband and I are just off the Jewel last weekend. I'll answer your questions first......Shows included a "Band on the Run" musical type show. We enjoyed it...probably our favorite. On the last night their was a Cirque Solei (sp?) type of show....you can tell it takes a lot of work and was enjoyable too. Although I must add that this production crew was just leaving the ship with a new group coming on, so I have no idea if they continue the same type of shows or not.

They did have a Second City Group. They performed in the Stardust Theatre one night then had a couple more shows in the Spinaker (that does not look like I spelled it correctly) Lounge.

I believe the Spa Pass was $55. We toured when we first embarked on the ship, but other than that, we didn't use the facility. I've never been on the Pearl, so I'm not much help with the comparison.

I don't recall having any 2 for 1 specials at the Specialty Restaurants, but I may be wrong.

We did have an evening of "Whiskey/Liquor" taste testing that we enjoyed.

For a quick wrap up of our vacation.......overall we enjoyed it. Like past reviews said, we were a little disappointed in the quality of food. It wasn't awful, but not fantastic either. We only ate one night in a Specialty restaurant and that was Cagneys, which the food was very good! Our favorite time was spent in the Great Outdoors Bar in the evenings, after a show, just visiting with the bartenders and enjoying the "great outdoors". As it turned out, are favorite place to eat was at the Blue Lagoon, although you don't have a very wide range of items to choose from. Our Room steward did a fantastic job....what really impressed us is he re-filled our ice container twice a day!

I do have a copy of all of my Dailies that I saved. I could try and scan them and email them to you if you'd like?

If you have anymore questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

KSDispatcher - Thank you so much for the information. I'm so glad to hear that Second City did several shows. Sorry to hear dining wasn't all you had hoped for. I would love to see the dailies if you have time to scan them, but I understand how crazy things can be when you return from a trip. PM me if you get them scanned.

• 4 weeks later...

I am back from my cruise and have the dailies for Sunday, Monday and Thursday and can answer questions if you like. I do not have a scanner though so I will not be able to post them.

Here are some questions I have already answered for someone else.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

1) Do you remember what time were the shows? Trying to see

what time is best to eat dinner. Do you recommend to see all of them?

Showtimes:

Sunday - Comedy & Magic of Jean Pierre - only one show at 9:00pm

Monday - Band on the Run - 7:30pm & 9:30pm

Tuesday - Second City - 2 shows

Wednesday - Country Show?

Thursday - Cirque Bijou - 7:00pm & 9:00pm

We ate at 6:30pm most nights and had no trouble getting to shows. Only two of us though.

We only saw three shows in the main showroom. Jean Pierre, Second City and Cirque Bijou. I wasn't real excited about the magic show, but Jean Pierre is hilarious. Loved it. The Cirque show and Second City were also very good.

2) What are the hours of operation for the kid's club?

Do they have pagers for the parents? (Children are 2 and 5

years old)

Would that be the Splashdown Kid's Club?

Sunday - Parents, be sure to register your kids. 11:30am to 3:00pm and 4:00pm to 8:00pm

Monday - 9:00am to 1:00am

Thursday - 9:00am - 1:00am

I did not travel with kids so I am not sure about the pagers.

3) Did you have a Jazz Brunch? What day was it? Did you

like it?

Yes. There was a Jazz Brunch on Thursday from 11:00am to 1:00pm in Le Bistro. The surcharge was $15. We did not attend.

4) Any tips or concerns that I should know?

I would venture to say we were not sailing even close to full capacity. The specialty restaurants were not busy at all when we were there. No problem getting in at all. Never had to wait to be seated in a main dining room either. Food was great. They did NOT offer any 2 for 1 deals in the specialty restaurants which surprised me with them being so empty.

We really enjoyed the additional Second City shows on Thursday in the Spinnaker Lounge, the Newlywed Game and the Quest. Fellow passengers can be quite entertaining.

Archived