Is it true...............

that effective January 1st, you can no longer combine Balcony discounts, Next Cruise credits, C & A coupons and Shareholder benefits? From what I've seen on a few threads here, it appears only one of these can be used per cruise.

Thanks to anyone with an answer. Hope I'm misinterpreting something or is this old news?

that effective January 1st, you can no longer combine Balcony discounts, Next Cruise credits, C & A coupons and Shareholder benefits? From what I've seen on a few threads here, it appears only one of these can be used per cruise.

Thanks to anyone with an answer. Hope I'm misinterpreting something or is this old news?

The old news is that you won't be able to combine next cruise OBC and stockholder OBC. The latest news seems to be that you can't combine any of the OBC's with the balcony discount which is crazy!! The platinum and diamond balcony discounts should be in as separate category if you ask me - that was always combinable. Guess if your platinum or diamond, there's no sense in buying next cruise certificates, booking onboard or owning stock for that matter. I hope it's not true or that they change their minds because I think it will hurt their business even further than it's hurting right now.

Katie, this really is old news :confused: There are several threads - just read a page or two.

###

What shocked me was if you have a balcony discount, you can't use a NC OBC, Stockholder benefit or a C & A coupon. I thought the issue was NC vs Stockholder, not all 4.

Well, I have a question......I am booked on 5/3/09 Mariner, Mexican Riveria. We booked while onboard 9/21/08 Mariner, Western Caribbean. I have the onboard credit, diamond balcony credit, and will be sending in a RCCL Visa credit. Not sure yet if I will use the RCCL Visa credit for onboard credit or credit towards cruise price. Will I be able to use my RCCL credit for either of these optionos? And also, the chart says 12/31/08, will they take away my onboard credit or the diamond balcony credit since the cruise is 5/3/09, or is this grandfathered in?

A bit surprised at the harshness of your response.:mad: I asked the question once not over again. My schedule doesn't allow me spend a lot of time on this site. Yes, I was directed to your thread which I browsed and realized you did have input from someone at RCI. My point was, when I saw the charted posted somewhere else, I assumed it was from RCI and it turns out to be not something officially published by the cruiseline.

Gosh, why can't people be a little more civil to one another on these boards!!

Katie,

That's why I don't hang out on the main boards to much - I prefer to stick to the threads with people that I'm sailing wth. Don't take offense when someone jumps on you. I think RCI does a real poor job of communicating - not everyone reads these boards. RCI knows who their platinum/diamond members are but yet they haven't sent anything to us except C&A coupons and thank you coupons that we can't use because we get the balcony discount. They're really starting to piss a lot of us off.

Katie,

That's why I don't hang out on the main boards to much - I prefer to stick to the threads with people that I'm sailing wth. Don't take offense when someone jumps on you. I think RCI does a real poor job of communicating - not everyone reads these boards. RCI knows who their platinum/diamond members are but yet they haven't sent anything to us except C&A coupons and thank you coupons that we can't use because we get the balcony discount. They're really starting to piss a lot of us off.

I agree:) and this IS from the RCCL Investor website under benefits and it is official from the cruiseline:)

Please note that as of December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit will not be combinable with other Onboard Booking Credits, Loyalty Programs and/or other Reduced Fare Offerings. For bookings made prior to December 31, 2008, the Shareholder Onboard Credit is combinable under certain conditions. Please direct queries to InvestorRelations@rccl.com, and a prompt response will be forthcoming. spacer.gifspacer.gif

Well, I have a question......I am booked on 5/3/09 Mariner, Mexican Riveria. We booked while onboard 9/21/08 Mariner, Western Caribbean. I have the onboard credit, diamond balcony credit, and will be sending in a RCCL Visa credit. Not sure yet if I will use the RCCL Visa credit for onboard credit or credit towards cruise price. Will I be able to use my RCCL credit for either of these optionos? And also, the chart says 12/31/08, will they take away my onboard credit or the diamond balcony credit since the cruise is 5/3/09, or is this grandfathered in?

Absolutely, your Visa OBCs are a perk from Bank of America, not RCI.

Ok was the chart filled out by an LA or someone much higher up the food chain.

Hell, I could claim I work for RC and fill out a chart and create all sorts of commotion.

What you did was great, but all of your responses are very sarcastic. You need to get a real life:mad:

Not sure why an RCI employee is filling in answers on this chart for Bank of America. Like RCI, BofA has the right to change/cancel their benefit package.(though banks usually grandfather benefits for a period of time)

• 1 month later...
The chart is for me my guideline for now. The only time we will know for sure is when cruisers will attempt to combine anything after 1-1-09.

RCI is well known for changing their policies rather quickly (10-15-08 comes to mind).

I can see that you are trying to bait me, not just in this thread (which is over a month old and your only reason to pull this one is an attempt to justify your original smack at me) but also in another thread today. Sorry hun, others have tried who were better at it and also failed.

BTW, you are one of those people I spoke of in a different thread who will prevent others from posting information they have received because some (like you) just can't help themselves.

Wow! Is it really necessary to be so nasty? I think some are surprised to see a chart posted that is supposed to be "filled in" by someone at RCCL but no one is forthcoming about who that person is or what their title is in the organization. I also think it is normal that these questions regarding combinability come up until and if RCCL publishes definitive rules. I don't think it helps to be defensive when your original intention was obviously to help others. It certainly doesn't help to put down other members for any reason.

Wow! Is it really necessary to be so nasty? I think some are surprised to see a chart posted that is supposed to be "filled in" by someone at RCCL but no one is forthcoming about who that person is or what their title is in the organization. I also think it is normal that these questions regarding combinability come up until and if RCCL publishes definitive rules. I don't think it helps to be defensive when your original intention was obviously to help others. It certainly doesn't help to put down other members for any reason.

This someone at RCI is verified by someone else on CC.

The reason why the name is not mentioned publicly by me is simple: look at this board. Do you really think I want to subject this person to a herd of whiners, complainers and precomplainers? Heck no.

My track record speaks for itself. I got the same crap a few month ago but most of my "off the wall" stuff from some mystery person became reality. I do not have to publish the name of that person to establish credibility for information. That person is not someone you can easily reach through regular phone lines and he asked me not to mention his name. It is for his office forbidden to even look at CC because of the garbage which is posted at times. I will leave it at that.

I was hardly nasty. I didn't even respond in kind. If I would you'd had a case though you should have gone after the original 'nasty poster'. Just because my posting style does not confirm to your standards it doesn't have to be called 'nasty'.

I don't get worked up on CC. I don't get pissed on CC. As a matter of fact I do mostly smile when I post. Those who have sailed with me and had a lunch or two over Sarah Palin know that I defend my point with a smile and respect towards others.

If you have a problem interpreting my writing style you should asked first to eliminate confusion or misunderstandings.

Quickly back to the chart: it was done to eliminate some confusion and add some new info. I am not in a race 'who has more or the best information' and neither is Patti. The more information we get, the better it always is.

Unfortunately some CC members in an everlasting venture like to stir up crap and hopefully pitch CC members against each other.

This someone at RCI is verified by someone else on CC.

The reason why the name is not mentioned publicly by me is simple: look at this board. Do you really think I want to subject this person to a herd of whiners, complainers and precomplainers? Heck no.

My track record speaks for itself. I got the same crap a few month ago but most of my "off the wall" stuff from some mystery person became reality. I do not have to publish the name of that person to establish credibility for information. That person is not someone you can easily reach through regular phone lines and he asked me not to mention his name. It is for his office forbidden to even look at CC because of the garbage which is posted at times. I will leave it at that.

I was hardly nasty. I didn't even respond in kind. If I would you'd had a case though you should have gone after the original 'nasty poster'. Just because my posting style does not confirm to your standards it doesn't have to be called 'nasty'.

I don't get worked up on CC. I don't get pissed on CC. As a matter of fact I do mostly smile when I post. Those who have sailed with me and had a lunch or two over Sarah Palin know that I defend my point with a smile and respect towards others.

If you have a problem interpreting my writing style you should asked first to eliminate confusion or misunderstandings.

Quickly back to the chart: it was done to eliminate some confusion and add some new info. I am not in a race 'who has more or the best information' and neither is Patti. The more information we get, the better it always is.

Unfortunately some CC members in an everlasting venture like to stir up crap and hopefully pitch CC members against each other.

Absolutely agree.............sometimes information has to be merged together from different sources.

I just wish they would stop playing games.............set the dog gone rules............and stick to them!

Absolutely agree.............sometimes information has to be merged together from different sources.

I just wish they would stop playing games.............set the dog gone rules............and stick to them!

Especially when you have different departments involved who like to make their own rules (Investor Relation, C & A, Reservation).

Someone simply has to put their foot down and say: This is it! This is how we will do it!

Especially when you have different departments involved who like to make their own rules (Investor Relation, C & A, Reservation).

Someone simply has to put their foot down and say: This is it! This is how we will do it!

I hear you...............they're going to get complaints one way or another. It's unfortunate that nobody has the balls to make a decision................and stick to it!:rolleyes:

I personally think that the way it is set up now (if they stick to this course of action)..........one OBC and the P/D/D+ balcony discount is more than generous.

I hear you...............they're going to get complaints one way or another. It's unfortunate that nobody has the balls to make a decision................and stick to it!:rolleyes:

I personally think that the way it is set up now (if they stick to this course of action)..........one OBC and the P/D/D+ balcony discount is more than generous.

I certainly could live with that.

Thanks, not sure what gives with this. It was a similar response I got when I posted this thread originally.

Archived