Excursions Belize, Roatan-- Ship's tour or Local Operator?

MYMOTHERSCHILD

We booked with cave-tubing.com I think it's called, it was wonderful and very reasonable, one of my favorite excursions ever. Just google the name and it should pop up. That was Belize.

Roatan, once again an awesome island, we went on a Victor Boden tour, I'd good his name and it should pop up. Hope you make it to Roatan, I hear there is civil unrest there. One really cool thing on this island is the cameo factory, they use dremels to carve shells to make cameos and different designs on Conch shells, it was really cool and fun to watch them do it.

Hope this helps and hope you have a great time.

Happy sailing, Carole

I Belize we wanted to go cave tubing but waited to book until we got off the ship, there were booths set up for excursions, We payed $35 pp for cave tubing, a city tour and a stop at the very cool Jaguar Paw hotel for a drink before our return to the ship. The guide was very nice truely took care of us during our adventure.

In Roatan we hired Cynthia & Diane (a tour cab company) we e-mailed them ahead of time so they could help us plan our day, they were waiting for us when the ship arrived, they were part of the family by the end of the day.

We were charged $20pp and spent the whole day with her, first we went ziplining, then an island tour, then a beach stop, even a grocery store stop to stock up on soda. I will use their company for my next trip to Roatan.

Do you remember who you hired in Belize? Sounds like a good one.

I think it was called Belize cave tubing.

When we got off the tender there was a man holding a cave tubing sign, we asked the price and be took us to his booth, (first one on your right as you come off the tender)

At first they wanted $40pp and we told him we wanted to look around some more, he then dropped the price to $35pp.

There were 13 people total and 2 guides, from our ship and 1 other ship that was in port, the cruise ship excursion had 95 people, we were lead around them and started at a higher cave enterance so we had more water time and did not have to get tangled in the mass of cruise ship floaters.

Have a great cruise.

we were on the legend this summer...

in belize, we walked to the radisson hotel (just about 1/2 block from the terminal), and found a group of taxi drivers/tour guides waiting there...

DANIEL was our guide...he took us around town, pointed things out, gave us time for pics, then took us to Altun Ha, which is where we wanted to go. He was GREAT!! Can't say enough about him...inexpensive, too.

There were five of us, and he took us in his A/C van.

in Roatan, we decided on a more relaxing venture...so we spent several hours at Fins and Flippers....great place!~~ only $20 a person, I think,...

enjoy :)

In Roatan we hired Cynthia & Diane (a tour cab company) we e-mailed them ahead of time so they could help us plan our day, they were waiting for us when the ship arrived, they were part of the family by the end of the day.

We were charged $20pp and spent the whole day with her, first we went ziplining, then an island tour, then a beach stop, even a grocery store stop to stock up on soda. I will use their company for my next trip to Roatan.

Hi Caribbean Dreams,

We will be in Roatan this coming March (March 18th 2009 ... Carnival Valor), and would like to contact Cynthia & Diane to do the same tour you did. Could you get us their e-mail and what you did that day with them ?!?

Thank you!

Herve

Hi Caribbean Dreams,

We will be in Roatan this coming March (March 18th 2009 ... Carnival Valor), and would like to contact Cynthia & Diane to do the same tour you did. Could you get us their e-mail and what you did that day with them ?!?

Thank you!

Herve

The e-mail address is www.roatancabtours.com Just tell them what you would like to do for the day and they will give you a price.

They are very nice people and will take good care of you for your day in roatan.

Caribbean Dreams - How long was the cave tour(time in water and total time) for that price???

We arrived on shore from the tender at 10am, were diving to the aves within 20 minutes, the ride is long but along the way the driver gave a little tour and talkied about Belize, it was actually quite interesting.

We arrived about the same time as the ships tour, a ahort 3 minute walk got us to the river where we all had to cross using a rope, we crossed at a different area than the ships tour because there were so many of them trying to cross in one spot, we walked the trail, thru a few dry caves with

stalactites and stalagmites, the guide said the walk was about 1/2 hour but it didn't seem that long.

We entered the water and floated thru 1 cave system, as we came out we came to the area where the ships tour was just entring the water (so we got an extra cave) I don't know the exact time it took to complete the river but it seemed longer than the walk did.

So we got 1 more cave system then the ships tour and alot less people.

I can't even tell you how kaotic the ships tour was with all those people, they were lost everywhere, our guide picked up a few that had been left behind in the caves & river by the tour right ahead of ours and their guides had no clue people were missing.

It is a very good tour no matter what guide service you pick.

After the got back to the van, a short 2 minute ride to the hotel, it really is a jungle resort.

Arrived back at the pier with plenty of time for shopping.

• 3 weeks later...
Was any part of the tour scary or hard. Crossing the river on ropes??? Thanks Patty

Not scary, just kind of hard, it was a beautiful sunny day but they had rain a few days prior so the river was swift, the guides went across with all of us one at a time just incase we slipped. the river is about a 2 lane street wide. The rest of the walk was very easy and the float was relaxing, only 1 spot where it got alittle fast but the guides helped everyone around it.

we booked through cave tubing .com ask for yhoni, they pick u up at terminil 1 at the pier. they take you in an airconditioned bus included a tour on the way they tie the boats together, you have a personal guide for each familly. the charge is 45.00 you go through 2 caves and a river ride. all for this 45.00 don't be fooled by others they will have a board with your name on it. our familly had a great time in fact this was our best shore excursion. you pay after the excursion.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Caribbean Dreams,

Thank you!

Herve

I know this doesn't relate to this topic, but Herve, I will be on the Carnival Valor then too! Me and about 200 other people from WI! :-)

Archived