Carnival's Extreme Canopy Tour in Puerto Vallarta?

southern cruising couple

I am going on the Splendor in July and was looking into one of the ziplines. I prefer long ziplines as opposed to alot of short ones...This one sounds long in addition to rapelling, and hiking- so it sounds adventurous and defintely more extreme than most canopy tours. I did Dragon's Breath in Labadee, which was AWESOME!

So has anyone actually gone on this excursion? Where is it exactly...carnival's website doesn't mention the park or location for it. If you have experienced this tour in Puerta Vallarta I would love your insight and possible pictures...Thanks!

I am going on the Splendor in July and was looking into one of the ziplines. I prefer long ziplines as opposed to alot of short ones...This one sounds long in addition to rapelling, and hiking- so it sounds adventurous and defintely more extreme than most canopy tours. I did Dragon's Breath in Labadee, which was AWESOME!

So has anyone actually gone on this excursion? Where is it exactly...carnival's website doesn't mention the park or location for it. If you have experienced this tour in Puerta Vallarta I would love your insight and possible pictures...Thanks!

The cruise industry contracts with Vallarta Adventures for a good number of the ship´s shore excursions ... and this is one of them. Here is the web site that describes the excursion - http://www.vallarta-adventures.com/outdoor-challange/index.html

Do a little google searching and you find a number of third-party tour brokers that will sell the same tour for less than the ship.

Additionally, there are quite a few companies that operate a "canopy/zipline" excursion. The most popluar with cruisers is Los Veranos - http://canopytours-vallarta.com/ We just did this yesterday,for our third time.

Enjoy!

thanks for your advice, I always try to book outside the cruiselines. I was hoping to get actual insight on this specific tour..is it fun, and more difficult than the others. i am looking for something more adventurous than the typical canopy tours and thought someone would have a personal experience/ non bias view on this one....

thanks for your advice, I always try to book outside the cruiselines. I was hoping to get actual insight on this specific tour..is it fun, and more difficult than the others. i am looking for something more adventurous than the typical canopy tours and thought someone would have a personal experience/ non bias view on this one....

The search forum feature is problematic at best but try a different search for each of the following: "outdoor" or "extreme" or "extreem"

I believe Vallarta Adventure's "Outdoor Adventure" is something that would interest you. Here is a link to a thread I located while searching for the word "outdoor" - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=818576&highlight=outdoor

Hope this helps.

I did the Los Veranos tour referred to in #3 above and while it was my only zip line experience, it was a great time.

They have a departure point in the Los Muertos beach area where an open-air bus (aka truck) will take you both ways. The taxi libres will take you from the pier to just about anywhere in the Los Muertos/PV area for about $3.

Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey i just did this in march. it was one of the best i have ever been on. the zip lines are longer. well worth the 150 i paid for it. its a must do. once your done and back at the port goto the fleamarket and grab a couple of beers for a buck each in the lttle market. great way to end the afternoon...:)

T

I believe Vallarta Adventure's "Outdoor Adventure" is something that would interest you. Here is a link to a thread I located while searching for the word "outdoor" - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=818576&highlight=outdoor

Carnival's Extreme Canopy tour is actually this "Outdoor Adventure" tour by Vallarta Adventures.

It gets a lot of rave reviews, both here and on TripAdvisor. I booked DH and I for it just over the weekend and it's the excursion I'm most excited about for our trip to Mexico.

I've read about people having problems booking it independently. While it's significantly cheaper independently, they reserve all of their trips that work within the time frame that the ship is docked for the cruise ships. Kind of locking you into paying more through the cruiseline.

If you search for Extreme Canopy or Outdoor Adventure, you might be able to find some threads where people mention their experiences with this. For me, I just decided to go through the cruise ship.

Archived