Some questions from a new princess cruiser

ivopera

I have some questions

- alternative restaurant : is it difficult to have seats, do you have to book the day you embark or can you easily book it during the cruise

- MUTS : do you have to book and is it easy to have tickets

- Swiming pools : are all the swimming pools available free of harge or are some (lotus) not free?

- Sanctuary : same question : is it easy to access or do you have to book?

- where can you have lunch and where are the extras (for instance the new english pub like is it with an extra charge?)

- sea day if you want to be outside but not near the main swimming pool, are there some secret nice places where you more easily find lounge chairs??

Thanks

I can't answer all your questions but here are a few of them anyway, I am sure that others can answer the rest.

I have some questions

- alternative restaurant : is it difficult to have seats, do you have to book the day you embark or can you easily book it during the cruise I think that it is best to make a reservation - especially on the formal nights

- MUTS : do you have to book and is it easy to have tickets We have yet to be on a ship that offers Mutts :( but it is my understanding that it is on a first come first serve basis as far as getting a chair

- Swiming pools : are all the swimming pools available free of harge or are some (lotus) not free? They are all free - except maybe if there is a pool in the santuary, you would need to pay the fee to get there. Again, we have not yet been on a ship that had the santuary

- Sanctuary : same question : is it easy to access or do you have to book? No idea on this one

- where can you have lunch and where are the extras (for instance the new english pub like is it with an extra charge?) Hmmm, where can't you have lunch, there is food everywhere,So far we have never paid for lunch but we usually eat buffet, pizza, or the grill - there is also the dining room. I have not seen the english pub.

- sea day if you want to be outside but not near the main swimming pool, are there some secret nice places where you more easily find lounge chairs?? My hubby and I search high and low to find out of the way lounge chairs that still offer sun. So far we have been successful. It is hardest around the pool area, but there are usually loungers on the higer decks on the sides (smoetimes a lot cooler) and in the back

Hope this helps

I have some questions

- alternative restaurant : is it difficult to have seats, do you have to book the day you embark or can you easily book it during the cruise

- Swiming pools : are all the swimming pools available free of harge or are some (lotus) not free?

- where can you have lunch and where are the extras (for instance the new english pub like is it with an extra charge?)

- sea day if you want to be outside but not near the main swimming pool, are there some secret nice places where you more easily find lounge chairs??

Thanks

I Don't have much experience; I think it depends on the cruise (some lines permit pre-cruise booking; check out 'cruise personalizer' on Princess web site);

- MUTS; is just there... No booking, no tickets - no charge

- Sanctuary... seemed pretty empty on Crown a year ago... I certainly didn't perceive a need to book, I don't know if bookings were taken (didn't appear to be a need);

- Lunch - you won't go hungry! Ever! :)

- If you aren't a pool person there is plenty of quiet outdoor seating-loungering (I'm fond of the promenade deck... shaded, close to the water comparatively)

Have a Great Cruise!

ivopera

Welcome to Princess!!

Not difficult at all.

You can reserve during your cruise, the earlier the better.

No tickets are necessary. All lounge chairs are free.

Members hand out popcorn and a small blanket.

All pools are free.

The Aft & Lotus pools are Adult Only.

You have to reserve.

Half day use 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. or 1 p.m. to 5pm

$10

No extra charge for lunch in the Wheelhouse.

Upper decks, away from the pool area.

On the Prom. Deck there are Chairs. Very quiet area.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

The "pub lunch" is free and is in the Wheelhouse Bar.

You can just show up at the sanctuary...the charge is either $10 or $15 for the hald day (have seen both prices posted)

The pool near the Sanctuary is also free, and seldom used, and there are usually loungers, in the sun, just above that pool (just outside the sanctuary)

thank you very much. I really look forward to cruising on the Ruby. After lot od cruises on Celebrity and one on Regent, I realluy wanted to try Princess. The ship looks great.

I was just a it afraid of the crowd (specially for lunch time buffet) but I'll have to see... What is the best time to embark in Fort Lauderdale to avoid queues??

Archived