Rental car for Port Everglades to MIA

lyttleone1977

I have been looking through the boards before I wanted to ask this. We are crusing back into Port Everglades with a flight out of MIA. Our flight doesnt leave until 5:30. Even though we have transfers paid for through RCI (apart of our package), but we really dont want to sit in the airport for 7 hours. We are looking for a rental car that we can pick up then drop off at MIA. We need one that has a shuttle to pick up the car. Any suggestions?

We have a pre-cruise car rental booked with Thrifty, using their Orlando Magic Card code (I think it's in the main car rental thread). They have a location right outside Port Everglades, and do offer a shuttle - we called and confirmed this would be good to take us to our ship, maybe just call and confirm it's also good for pickup. Alternately, there's a common shuttle used by most of the car rental offices at FLL.

Thanks for the reply. I ended up calling a couple of companies, and we decided to go with Alamo since they offer a shuttle from the ship to the office. I normally go with Enterpirse, but apparently they dont "pick you up" at the terminal, plus they charge and additional fee to drop in Miami. Anyways, we have a convertible to drive around in for the 8 hours we have!

Archived