Anyone switch from PR to Guarantee and get assigned same cabin?

whadyanuts

Still can't decide whether or not to switch from PR to inside for huge savings. Really wanted pr cabin, but would like to see the $$.

I was wondering if anyone switched from PR to guarantee and were given back their original room.

Also if so, what is better do it right away or wait until last minute.

:(

We just switched from Inside to the Inside Guarantee because of the $300 savings and that was 2 weeks ago. I keep checking our room # and it still shows us in the same room... I don't know if that will change, but I've even called and they tell me we are still in that cabin. So I'm hoping we get to keep the same room. :D That would be cool, but I'm prepared to lose it too. I hope it works for you too!

We just switched from Inside to the Inside Guarantee because of the $300 savings and that was 2 weeks ago. I keep checking our room # and it still shows us in the same room... I don't know if that will change, but I've even called and they tell me we are still in that cabin. So I'm hoping we get to keep the same room. :D That would be cool, but I'm prepared to lose it too. I hope it works for you too!

When we switched from cat N to inside quarantee our reservations instantly changed from our original cabin number to Inside GTY. About a week later we were assigned a PR. SOOO...,maybe you will be staying in your same cabin. Good Luck

IMO you should see even better pricing soon as it is only 5 weeks off and this cruise is not anywhere close to being full.

Yes, you are correct it is the December cruise. We actually booked early and paid approx $1900 pp for the promenade cabins. I thought I had a good price until these gty's started showing up. In your opinion, if it were you booking, would you move to gty now or wait and hope for price drop further along? I'm just afraid that if I don't move now that the gty price will disappear. (I see you are a experienced cruiser and I value your opinion) What would you do?

if Robtulipe's inventory is correct, the likelihood of you receiving a PR is very small. Usually they put z guarantees from bottom up, i.e. first N then M etc. However, if there comes a time when there are only PRs left, and a Z is still availle, then I might take the risk.

twotravelin,

I've been turning this over in my head and trying to figure out HOW they assign cabins. It would make sense that they assign from worst to best in a category. (Like you pointed out). The only thing I don't know how to figure in to the mix is that L M and Q I think all have senior discount of about $1000 per cabin. For some reason N does not and PR does not. So.... Do I wait and hope for a price drop on PR eventually? Or will they just fill N's and then PR's with Z gty's. Also, have any idea how they choose a cabin to assign you to? Is there any rhyme or reason to who gets assigned each cabin? C & A status? Who booked originally first? What about families who have two cabins booked side by side connecting then move to gty. Any consideration given to keep those folks on at least the same deck? Thanks for any insight/suggestions ---- from twotravelin and any other experienced cruiser who may want to jump into this one;).

Yes, you are correct it is the December cruise. We actually booked early and paid approx $1900 pp for the promenade cabins. I thought I had a good price until these gty's started showing up. In your opinion, if it were you booking, would you move to gty now or wait and hope for price drop further along? I'm just afraid that if I don't move now that the gty price will disappear. (I see you are a experienced cruiser and I value your opinion) What would you do?

twotravelin,

I've been turning this over in my head and trying to figure out HOW they assign cabins. It would make sense that they assign from worst to best in a category. (Like you pointed out). The only thing I don't know how to figure in to the mix is that L M and Q I think all have senior discount of about $1000 per cabin. For some reason N does not and PR does not. So.... Do I wait and hope for a price drop on PR eventually? Or will they just fill N's and then PR's with Z gty's. Also, have any idea how they choose a cabin to assign you to? Is there any rhyme or reason to who gets assigned each cabin? C & A status? Who booked originally first? What about families who have two cabins booked side by side connecting then move to gty. Any consideration given to keep those folks on at least the same deck? Thanks for any insight/suggestions ---- from twotravelin and any other experienced cruiser who may want to jump into this one;).

Well you have added other considerations with the connecting cabins comment. I don't believe this is likely with guarantee cabins so how important is that to you. On our last cruise three couples booked guarantees with linked reservations and we were spread out a bit but it wasn't too bad.

If you look at Dec.12th Explorer cruise on RC, they are offering Y (OV) guarantee for $899 and all insides except PR (which appear to be sold out) are on guarantee for same price, so that tells me OV cabins are only available to assign to these guarantees and that what my information source for cabin availability also shows. Your cruise is a holiday sailing which typically RC want more for so I don't know if this is a fair comparison.

If you really want a PR cabin with the guarantee price, I would wait to see what happen to the price and cabin availablity. I doubt the guarantee price will disappear this late with so much cabin availabilty. Currently there are 13PRs, 10Ls, 7Ms, 12Ns and 1Q cabin available for selection. Also if you wait there is a possibility of getting an OV as that is what happened to one of the couple on our last cruise. We had a X (balcony Gty) and did not end up with the worst balcony available but got a very nice E1 with an extra large balcony as this cruise made us Diamond C&A. I believe C&A status helps as the couple who got OV with Z gty where Gold and couple who got inside with their Z Gty, but not worst inside available, were new to RC.

We booked our cruise with Freedom of the Seas (12/07/08) though a TA. We are in Cat. L, but guaranteed Z category is priced $200.00 less. Is it possible to switch from Cat. L to guaranteed?

Yes, if booked in US or Canada, RC will allow that to be done and will credit your credit card with the difference since by now your final payment has been made. Some TAs won't do that for you or will charge you a change fee since it will lessen their commission. Since you booked with a TA you must check with them re their policy on this.

Archived