Question for Terrymtex or recent "Pearler"

Jamrenjer

First off-- thank you VERY much, Terry for posting the dailies on Webshots. Had a quick question-- noticed on day 4 they had a "Jazz Brunch" you could sign up for Friday.... it sounded really good. (Maybe because I am hungry right now!:)) The question is-- what was the charge?-- it says cover charge applies. I don't see anywhere-- unless I missed it-- the cost. Did you hear about this? Or go to it? Just wondering! :)Thank you again for posting them!

Has anyone been to it? Can tell me what they serve?

We went to the Jazz brunch on the Pearl. The charge is $15pp and it is so worth it. First of all, the musicians were from the Pearl orchestra and they played at a wonderful level which allowed for easy conversation.

The food was excellent and abundant. It has been a while since I enjoyed the Jazz brunch but I will try to remember what was served...

There was a buffet with many different breakfast items but they were prepared and served more upscale than the regular buffet. There were delicious deserts also on the buffet, again more upscale and excellent. Then there was a menu for the lunch items which included filet mignon among other delicious entree items.

This Jazz brunch is the type of dining that one has to linger to enjoy all that is offered. DH and I loved it and will definately do it again.

We did the Jazz Brunch this summer, and they had a breakfast station (waffles, Eggs Benedict, sausage, etc), a lunch station, and a dessert station. The orchestra played and Kirbi (the female vocalist in the production shows) sang. It was probably our favorite meal all week! We will definitely do it again next week! (Um, maybe tied with Cagneys ;))

(By the way, Meg - I'm packed! Just need to do the last minute items on Friday!)

Sounds great! I am getting hungry again!:) We have been on several NCL cruises-- and had never heard of it before-- maybe we just missed it-- but looking at Terry's dailies-- the food really did sound good-- and the music too! Thanks, Donna for the price info.

We did the Jazz Brunch this summer, and they had a breakfast station (waffles, Eggs Benedict, sausage, etc), a lunch station, and a dessert station. The orchestra played and Kirbi (the female vocalist in the production shows) sang. It was probably our favorite meal all week! We will definitely do it again next week! (Um, maybe tied with Cagneys ;))

(By the way, Meg - I'm packed! Just need to do the last minute items on Friday!)

I need to go over my check list again.... I'm mostly packed though.

THanks anyway, Terry! :) You were great for posting the dailies.... there is a website I think cruisedailies.com.... but they only had a different itinerary etc. of the Pearl.... so yours were a great help.... (even if they do change a little... all good!)

Have a good day...

Thanks for your answers, jamrenjer and NCL Dancer Mom!

Does anyone know if they have the Jazz Brunch on other ships, or is it just offered on the Pearl? I'm wondering if I'll see this on the Jewel next summer.

We were on the Sprit last month and they offered the Jazz brunch it was in the Garden Room.

They also offered something I have never seen or heard about on this cruise. It was called The Captains Table. You paid a $50 or $75 cover charge and dined with the captain and officers as were served special items the chef prepared just for your table. It was limited to 15 people but they offered it two nights. I did not sign up for it as I am a vegetarian and was not sure it would be worth the money. I am curious as to what was served and was the cost worth the money. If anyone can answer these questions please do.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but thought it went along with the Jazz brunch dinning option.

We were on the Sprit last month and they offered the Jazz brunch it was in the Garden Room.

They also offered something I have never seen or heard about on this cruise. It was called The Captains Table. You paid a $50 or $75 cover charge and dined with the captain and officers as were served special items the chef prepared just for your table. It was limited to 15 people but they offered it two nights. I did not sign up for it as I am a vegetarian and was not sure it would be worth the money. I am curious as to what was served and was the cost worth the money. If anyone can answer these questions please do.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but thought it went along with the Jazz brunch dinning option.

Wow.. that is amazing.. I have never heard of that before and will be interested to hear from anyone who has done that what they thought.

Wow-- that is amazing-- re: captain's table.... the first thing that popped in my mind was--"Is NCL that hard up for cash?" lol! I guess because on NCL we move around to eat each night-- I have never noticed the Captain's table-- but on other lines-- there always seems to be one-- and I always thought it was for guests who have been on a zillion cruises-- or have some tie to the Captain or other officers... never heard of charging etc.... interesting idea! Anyone ever do it?

p.s. that is okay to hijack the thread-- it was pretty much dead! haha

Wow-- that is amazing-- re: captain's table.... the first thing that popped in my mind was--"Is NCL that hard up for cash?" lol! I guess because on NCL we move around to eat each night-- I have never noticed the Captain's table-- but on other lines-- there always seems to be one-- and I always thought it was for guests who have been on a zillion cruises-- or have some tie to the Captain or other officers... never heard of charging etc.... interesting idea! Anyone ever do it?

p.s. that is okay to hijack the thread-- it was pretty much dead! haha

LOL.. Funny.. first thing popped in my head is he should pay us to dine with him..LOL.. I have never had that feeling of the captain being anything special. Yes I respect his postion, but never cared if I dined with him or not. I am much more interested in the other officers of the ship for some reason. I guess cause they tend to come across as more down to earth kind of people and that is usually the people I like the most.

That is funny, Terry! :) Yes- never understood what all the "hoopla" was! I guess it is a big thing-- but it isnt on my "bucket list" that is for sure!:D I am sure there are plenty of people who would pay the extra $ to do it-- and then spend the next year bragging to everyone how they "got to dine" with the captain! To each their own!

Archived