3 night Majesty cruise - formal question

ancldaca

Yes... a "formal" question. A topic beaten to death (and then some) right next to chair hogs and smoking threads. So, my apologies in advance but the forum search results were - too many without clear threads.

Anyway, I have to fly to Miami this week (personal, not business) and decided to book the Majesty for next weekend (nifty since it's also my 5th cruise - hello platinum). Since I'll be traveling with just a carry-on, I'd like to save the space for more useful things considering the short cruise.

Sports coat, shirt and tie... acceptable on a 3 nighter? Normally I do the full dark suit routine on my cruises but with just a carry-on I'd rather not have to take up valuable space.

My guess is it's ok but if people really do dress up a lot then I'd just skip dinner that night, head to the WJ, and not even bother packing the jacket in the first place.

Thanks in advance for just a few quickie replies.

Yes... a "formal" question. A topic beaten to death (and then some) right next to chair hogs and smoking threads. So, my apologies in advance but the forum search results were - too many without clear threads.

Anyway, I have to fly to Miami this week (personal, not business) and decided to book the Majesty for next weekend (nifty since it's also my 5th cruise - hello platinum). Since I'll be traveling with just a carry-on, I'd like to save the space for more useful things considering the short cruise.

Sports coat, shirt and tie... acceptable on a 3 nighter? Normally I do the full dark suit routine on my cruises but with just a carry-on I'd rather not have to take up valuable space.

My guess is it's ok but if people really do dress up a lot then I'd just skip dinner that night, head to the WJ, and not even bother packing the jacket in the first place.

You will be dressed just fine in what you described. Have a great getaway.

:)

Many people just dress "business casual" meaning a polo type shirt with dress pants, of course there are always people dressing less than that! We sail on this ship 5 times a year and it is much less formal especially on the weekend cruises like we take.

Congratulations on your up-coming Platinum! Ditto to all previous comments.... maybe we will see you on board.... check the Schooner;)

On our last few cruises on Sovereign, I just wore a sports jacket and a nice collared shirt (short sleeve) under the jacket. Then after dinner took jacket back to cabin. We are on Majesty 12-12-08 and plan to do the same. :)

We were on Sovereign a few years ago and were seated with a couple from Michigan and he wore a T-Shirt. It was a nice black one, but T-Shirt the same. It did not stop us from enjoying them or the meal.

Also, I have seen a guy wearing a baseball cap to dinner. He did take it off on formal night, but did wear it into the dining room.

Thank you all for the replies! I think I'll take sort of a middle of the road approach here with a nice collared shirt together with a very nice dark sweater I have. That'll also combine easier in Miami for Thursday night.

Archived