Northern Explorer - Sun Princess - August 09

lodewyk

Hi everybody

I hope to be on this Northern Explorer cruise, which will be my second. The first is coming up on 5 January 09 (Diamond Princess - Sydney/Auckland).

I have some questions which I would be grateful if any of the cruisers on this board could answer:

- Is there any benefit to doing the Sydney- Fremantle cruise, as opposed to the reverse trip (which is my preference)? I like the idea of sailing into Sydney.

- Is this a "balcony-is-a-must" cruise? I can get a great deal on an inside cabin. I'll probably spend most of the time elsewhere on the ship reading if it's not too crowded, so I think the extra expense of a balcony may be a waste on this cruise. I have a balcony (BA) on the Diamond Princess, but this is mostly because there will be 2 of us travelling and also because I would like to view the Sounds from my own balcony.

- I just want a relaxing cruise where I can relax, read, eat and now and again use the gym, watch a show, etc. I don't want a port-a-day type of cruise, and this one appears to fit the bill. Am I correct?

I will check out all the reviews of Sun Princess.

Many thanks.

Hi everybody

I hope to be on this Northern Explorer cruise, which will be my second. The first is coming up on 5 January 09 (Diamond Princess - Sydney/Auckland).

I have some questions which I would be grateful if any of the cruisers on this board could answer:

- Is there any benefit to doing the Sydney- Fremantle cruise, as opposed to the reverse trip (which is my preference)? I like the idea of sailing into Sydney.

- Is this a "balcony-is-a-must" cruise? I can get a great deal on an inside cabin. I'll probably spend most of the time elsewhere on the ship reading if it's not too crowded, so I think the extra expense of a balcony may be a waste on this cruise. I have a balcony (BA) on the Diamond Princess, but this is mostly because there will be 2 of us travelling and also because I would like to view the Sounds from my own balcony.

- I just want a relaxing cruise where I can relax, read, eat and now and again use the gym, watch a show, etc. I don't want a port-a-day type of cruise, and this one appears to fit the bill. Am I correct?

I will check out all the reviews of Sun Princess.

Many thanks.

Extra cost of a balcony can be used for cocktails or down payment for the next one. :) All comes down to budget and features vs price.

Regarding the Sounds in a balcony, is it possible you will miss the views on the opposite side of the ship?

We will be in Sydney to see your Diamond cruise depart (we leave the next day on Rhapsody), and have booked Diamond Princess for the following Christmas from Auckland back to Sydney. I certainly hope it is a wonderful cruise, as we will get our turn later.

Sunrise arrival into Sydney is wonderful, but then again so is the sailaway out of Sydney.

Archived