Take the Cruise IQ Challenge!

Dan Askin

At last I made it all the way through. I'd ace the US, Canadian/NE ports and the Alaskan ports. But I don't know the Mexican Riviera so did a lot of guessing at first. But, once I got past that part I sailed through--well mostly as I had a few problems with Asia. Forgot to record my total score, but according to the chart I at least made Master Commander!

Sorry if this has already been asked, but...

1. How many levels are there?

2. Is there a leader board or somewhere we can see how our scores compare?

Hi Mokaheena,

11 levels total. Currently, no leaderboard has been set up, but it's on the docket for 2009. Stay tuned. For now, I've created a little clickable icon for my boards' signature. Check it out below.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan!

I had actually posted Travel Pods games on our website months ago...

so I will feature this is in Karen's Cruise Corner..along with a link to this thread...

If anyone wants to check out a few other games ...

not on travelpod

you can check out the games pages in our journal section...

just let the last game load on its on...don't click on the box until it loads...

and then you too can be the Captain of your own ship!

and of course when you fly your own plane...you will NEVER have to sit on the tarmac or have your flight cancelled!

hahahhaha!

Enjoy!

http://ourpassportstamps.com/

PS...many of you our familiar with our personal online travel journal...

but for those of you that arent...

this is not a commercial endeavor, there is no advertising, no personal tracking of you..just how many "hits" we have so I can monitor traffic.

It's like we chatted over coffee and I lent you my travel notes and photo albums..

Happy Holidays!

K.

I finally made it thru all 11 levels today -- Mexico was the hardest for me, I hadn't been to any of the ports either, so I think I just have to cruise more ;)

Now I keep playing again trying to beat my score, 152 is my highest so far...off to play one more round before dinner...

A great game - if you happen to live in N America. I got to level 4 and couldn't believe that the questions were still based on the North American continent.

The game might be more fun for an international audience if the the rounds were presented in random order? Or better still, identify people's location from their IP address and keep their home region(s) out of it?

I wonder if I would have found 4 rounds on Europe if I had persevered? I doubt it somehow!

A great game - if you happen to live in N America. I got to level 4 and couldn't believe that the questions were still based on the North American continent.

The game might be more fun for an international audience if the the rounds were presented in random order? Or better still, identify people's location from their IP address and keep their home region(s) out of it?

I wonder if I would have found 4 rounds on Europe if I had persevered? I doubt it somehow!

Thanks for the suggestions for a more international twist to the game. Cruise Critic's UK Editor actually had a similar opinion -- that this version favors U.S. residents. That it does, as the great majority of our readers are from the U.S. Would likely require designing a new game to appeal to a broader audience, but I'll check out our options.

Still fun though, no?

That said, if you can get past North America, Canada, Alaska and Mexico, I reckon you might found four rounds in Europe (and a few others further afield).

Is CC's beta version of Cruise IQ related to or based upon the Cruise IQ game I bought at http://cruiseiqgame.com/index.html for my brother this year for Christmas? If I enjoy your online game as much as I do the "hard copy" one, I'll never get any work done!

No relation, but it's been said that Cruise Critic's Crusie IQ is equally addicting.

Boardgame is trivia-based, Cruise Critic's online game is all about being able to locate cruise destinations quickly on a map.

I absolutely agree with you. However, if you'd persevered, you would have found rounds 5, 6, 7, 8 are about Europe. The 11 categories are: U.S. homeports; New England/E Canada; Alaska/British Columbia; Mexican Riviera; West Mediterranean; British Isles/West Europe; Northern Europe; Eastern Mediterranean; Caribbean; South America; East Asia.

• 4 weeks later...
I am absolutely addicted to this game !:mad:

I never get anything done as I'm always trying to better my last score.:eek:

It would be fun though if the regions were random. :(

I've gone the USA done to a science.:)

I'm pretty solid on USA myself. Really pinned it.

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for the suggestions for a more international twist to the game. Cruise Critic's UK Editor actually had a similar opinion -- that this version favors U.S. residents. That it does, as the great majority of our readers are from the U.S. Would likely require designing a new game to appeal to a broader audience, but I'll check out our options.

Still fun though, no?

That said, if you can get past North America, Canada, Alaska and Mexico, I reckon you might found four rounds in Europe (and a few others further afield).

OK - I persevered, and eventually got through to the end. Learned a lot about Mexico and Canada in the process! Final score 136. Was good to find those European rounds!!

• 3 weeks later...

I absolutely agree with you. However, if you'd persevered, you would have found rounds 5, 6, 7, 8 are about Europe. The 11 categories are: U.S. homeports; New England/E Canada; Alaska/British Columbia; Mexican Riviera; West Mediterranean; British Isles/West Europe; Northern Europe; Eastern Mediterranean; Caribbean; South America; East Asia.

UK Version of the game has been launched: http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/cruiseiq

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I just completed this version of the geography game and my results are:

238 639 final score

Level 11 completed

IQ 142

I have also played different versions ie World etc. but have not successfully finished level 8 of the USA one (travelpod website game)

lots of fun!

• 1 month later...

Archived