TA Discount

fireman845

That might have happened in the old days, but it hasn't happened for many, many years. You definitely take your chances if you wait until just before sailing for a price drop. Sometimes prices drop and sometimes they don't.

Book what you are willing to pay, watch the prices right up until final payment, then just relax and enjoy.

I've gotten lucky and found some great prices about 3 months prior to sailing and have booked spur of the moment. It helps that we are retired and can do this.

Generally, I find the very best prices are at least a year prior and sometimes they are just when the new itineraries are announced.

We are very particular about the location of our cabin, so I tend to book early.

I have, in years past at least got an OBC after final payment, but before the final payment was due, if the price I paid dropped substantially. In fact I'm working on that now with my 5 April Westerdam cruise. Sometimes it works, sometimes not!:rolleyes:

We have to compare rate codes first...... and then call in. I did that just the other day and got a free upgrade for the client from a Cat K to Cat F. Final had already been made. I was looking to upgrade to a HH........whee...........nice supervisor!

Some rates codes are for new bookings only.

Archived