What to do from 1 PM to 10 PM?

ODA 564

My family (two single adult sons, wife and myself) will have from 1 PM to 10 PM in Cozumel (Carnival Destiny).

My wife and I had sworn off ship excursions since our last cruise, but until I realized the timing we were considering going to Tulum using the ship's excursion (for simplicity).

This is our firs time in Cozumel, so considering disembarking and reembarking, what do those who've been to Cozumel recommend for a self-guided excursion?

The boys are easy. They are happy as long as there are copious amounts of booze... Wife likes beaches. I just don't want to get shuffled off to a souvenir stand.

Cozumel is famous for it´s reefs if nothing else. A good snorkel tour is typically worth the time and money. It can be a guided tour from a boat (best option) or can be a private affair done from shore at Dzul-Ha, Corona Beach or Palancar. Then you have time for some downtown activities. The main square typically has folk dance and musical shows that move around the plaza that are very enjoyable.

Cozumel also has great deep sea fishing.

Thank you.

What I'm concerned about is time. The Destiny is schduled to dock at 1300 (1 PM) and as we know getting disembarked can take a while.

Sunset is 1759 (5:29 PM) on the 29th, so IF we're lucky, will have 4 hours of daylight.

Neither Paradise Beach or Mr. Sancho's has operating hours listed.

The short amount of available daylight is my real concern.

I would maybe rent a driver for a couple hours, have them take you to the other side of the island for a little tour and then have them drop you off in town. There are a lot of little restaurants, squares, shops, and definitely plenty of places to have plenty of drinks and a really good time. When I think of Cozumel, I think party. It's a safe fun town to walk around and experience in the evening. Go off the main street (which runs along the ocean) and turn in a couple of blocks for the best deals and more authentic Cozumel experience. Stay on the main street for plenty of activity and lively bars and music and food.

It's a lot of fun in Cozumel. If you have young adult males in your group, they will really enjoy it.

If you don't want to spend the few hours of daylight you have touring or sitting at a beach, you can easily hire a short tour right at the pier: waverunners, parasailing, sea-treking, etc. Lot's of things you can do in a couple of hours.

Forgot to tell you....

Cozumel nightlife is so much fun that the island is a notorious port for people missing their ships. You can easily lose hours at Carlos & Charlies or Senor Frogs with all the excitement and tequila congo lines. Have one person remain sober enough to keep an eye on the watch. One of our favorite things to do in Coz. is get back on the ship about an hour before sailing and watch from the balcony, all the drunks that are running to the ship so that they make it before sailaway....or don't.!!

Just back from Cozumel. We booked a van and driver thru Island Marketing- our driver Apple took us to San Gervasio, The tequila Factory, and a private beach. It was wonderful!! I would book again a heart beat!! We also used Island marketing in Ocho Rios and it was amazing!

Archived