Rima's - store for tropical merchandise - review

vmom

After having read about Rima's on this web site, we decided to stop by and see what they had.

Rimas is a store that sells the Caribbean style merchandise they produce. Venders from all over the Caribbean buy tropical merchandise from Rimas and you will see the label all over the Caribbean. They have a store which sells their merchandise for those who do not buy in quantity.

Its a very close walk from the center of Front street very close to the post office. Its only a few blocks and took us about 5 minutes to walk from Front street. Ask anyone where Rima's or the post office is. Its very easy to find.

Regarding prices, the prices there are much cheaper than the street venders or venders that sell by the various beaches. However, the prices are pretty identical to what the same merchandise sells for at the stores (not street venders) along Back Street. If you are looking for cheaper prices than those stores, don't bother, prices are the same. However, the selection is greater, so that may be a reason to stop by.

The prices are much cheaper than what the same merchandise sells for at other Caribbean islands.

Selection and size availablity were very good. If you find something you like and can't find the size in the area for shoppers looking for single items, the section of the store that is set up for quanitity shopping for venders will have it.

Types of items sold: They sell shirts, bags, purses (tropical style), scarfs, beach cover ups, clothing sets with pants/shirts, skirts, towels, wraps, women's tropical style dresses, jewelery, and anything and everything that can be made out of a shell.

Again, prices are the same as the stores on Back street, but cheaper than the various outdoor venders and cheaper than on the other Caribbean islands.

Bernard stopped at Rima's last week on our tour and I wish we were given more time there! The store had a lot of fun items at great prices. My son found a shirt he loved for $7.95. The towel that folds into a beach bag was only $4.99 there and we were probably asked ten times by vendors at Orient Beach if we wanted to buy one for quite a bit higher.

• 2 weeks later...

Bernard stopped there on our tour 2 weeks ago - we only had 20 minutes, which wasn't really long enough. He said he guaranteed the prices there were cheaper than anywhere else, and he seemed to be correct. They even pack your shopping in beautiful brightly coloured nylon bags - great for using on holiday. I bought an embroidered bag, only to find it put into another bag which was free! The bag I bought was only 3 dollars, great price even if it only lasts for one holiday. There were also bamboo windchimes for 10 dollars - we thought about buying one, then didn't - ended up buying one in Barbados, cost us 25 dollars! The only thing I couldn't find in Rima's were bikinis! Hardly anywhere sold them, even the ship (Ventura)

• 3 weeks later...

Does Rimas have a web site that you can order from? Sounds like they have a bunch of nice stuff. Do they have beach X-mas oranments? Can't cruise at this time, and my next cruise will be a Western one. Thanks for any information, kmbb

Rima's sounds great!!! My DH and I have never been to the island before - is it hard to find? Walking distance from the pier or do we need to catch a taxi? We're looking to plan a relaxing day of just walking around - thanks for the wonderful idea!!

Littleone9699

Easy walk from the water taxi dropoff in "downtown".

Archived