Live from the Tahitian Princess 11/09-19

flamomo

Hi there,

I didn't want to use up minutes looking for the thread I started for the 11/-19 cruise.

Let me just say that this has been a fabulous cruise and a wonderful ship. Those that are booked for it are in for a real treat.

We did our best tour today here on Bora Bora - - the catamaran sail. I even got brave and tried snorkeling, and I loved it.

Moorea tomorrow and then the next day we have to turn the ship over to the lucky next cruisers. I know you will have a great time.

I'll do a more complete review when I get home.

Mary Lou

Hi Mary Lou,

I am glad to hear that you are having a great time! We will be following your footsteps on the 29th so we are getting very anxious. I was curious about something- I looked our cruise availability today and was shocked to see that early dining is still available with less than 2 weeks to go. In all of our cruises I don't ever remember this happening so close to departure. How full is your sailing? Enjoy the rest of your cruise and looking forward to hearing about the rest!:)

cruzin girl,

We sailed full. or at least that's what the sign on the Purser's desk said.

I think the biggest demand is for 2nd seating, because people don't want to come back from an excursion or being onshore and have to rush to get to first seating on time. We had 2nd and were glad we did.

You're probably right - we cut first seating very close a couple of times and were about 20 minutes late after the Children of Raiatea show. Thankfully, delays with the show happens frequently and we were but two of many more, so the dining room wasn't put out.

I couldn't imagine, with just a couple more Tahitian cruises left, the ship would even have an empty cabin on board.

I couldn't imagine, with just a couple more Tahitian cruises left, the ship would even have an empty cabin on board.

Refresh my memory on plans for the Tahitian Princess. I heard she was eventually being renamed Ocean Princess....if I'm not mistaken. Will Royal or Pacific Princess still be doing Tahiti intinerary?

We had the good fortune to be invited to the Captain's Luncheon, and the officer who hosted our table said the Pacific Princess will do the Tahiti / FP itinerary for 7 cruises next fall.

Sadly, after that, Princess may not keep a ship in FP, according to the officer, because the government of FP is so difficult to deal with.

The Tahitian will do a world cruise starting in January.

My understanding is that she will go into drydock after that, and then be renamed the Ocean Princess. I don't recall what itineraries she will do after the name change.

We have several tours booked so some may conflict with early dining.

I checked last week to see what cabins were available for our sailing and quite a few came up. I noticed that the insides on one online agency were only going for $500 something w/o taxes. That seems cheap.

We did morning excursions where possible, and were happy we had chosen that. The sun south of the equator gets VERY hot in the afternoon. Actually, it feels very hot as soon as it comes up!

I also figured we'd be less likely to get rain in the morning (since I live in tropical climate (FL), and in the summer our rains are usually in the afternoon, .......and FP is in the tropics. So.......! ). We had a passing squall late one morning during the cruise, but the sun came back out afterward, and then it was not just hot, It was VERY humid.

Take lots of good sunscreen and a wide brimmed hat. Also sunglasses are a necessity.

Thanks.

flamomo - in what way(s) is the FP government difficult to deal with....so much so that Princess drops the itinerary?

I hope the FP government makes things right so Princess will keep that itinerary. It was our hope to do that itinerary on a Princess ship.

Archived