Bundle up if you are crusiing out of FL in the next couple days

bajathree

It's been 45 degrees here and colder every morning this week in PB. It feels like the 20's.

And out of towners actually laugh when I tell them that "Yes, we do wear socks with shoes, sweaters, hose, and boots and not white all year round" in Florida. A friend says that you can tell who the people are from N.J. because they are the only ones in the ocean this time of year!

Hi all of you Floridians! We will be in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale the first week in January. Obviously I know that you can't predict weather for me this far out but I was wondering if the pool water at hotels will still be warm enough for us to enjoy. We have booked one hotel with a heated outdoor pool :D but the other hotel pool is not heated. Just wondering...Thanks!

If you want to swim, pick a hotel with a heated pool.

It is only heated to about 83 degrees but you really don't want to jump in a pool that is only 70 degrees.

Hi all of you Floridians! We will be in Orlando and Fort Lauderdale the first week in January. Obviously I know that you can't predict weather for me this far out but I was wondering if the pool water at hotels will still be warm enough for us to enjoy. We have booked one hotel with a heated outdoor pool :D but the other hotel pool is not heated. Just wondering...Thanks!

If you want to swim, I'd go with the one with the heated pool. Just for reference, the pool at my house I'm sure is well below 70 now (it was at 70 last weekend, prior to 4 straight days of lows in the 40s & highs in the 60s). I'd guess it is in the mid-60s now. By January, assuming no unusually hot or cold weather, it will be in the low 60s. That is far to enjoy swimming in (I did jump in it a few years ago at that temp, after having a few too many beers celebrating the Bucs winning the Super Bowl; talk about a BUZZKILL!!!).

Of course, if you're a polar bear you'd think the unheated pool was a bit warm...

Hi,

I will be in Miami on Thursday night, just how cold with it be around there?? Going for a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas, will it be warmer over there?

Thanks

newlu

Greetings from Miami. It is in the mid 50's early in the morning and we go up to the 70's by the afternoons. Great weather down here.:)

Archived