Pressing costs and times etc

Lushpuppy

Hi,

We dont travel light! In fact, we use our full two cases each allowing total of 100lbs each of stuff:D

Our journey is a long one, and by the time we get on the ship,we will have been on the go for four days.

I am thinking about just piling all the clothes in the case, and having the whole lot pressed when I board.

Weighing up total cost against "me having to do the ironing" for it all to get creased anyway.

How soon once you board can you send stuff for pressing and how soon can you get it back.

Also, costs of pressing only especially mens shirts!

Formal wear pressing?

Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Here are laundry prices. "Pressing only" is half of the laundry price. We've used this service many times and recommend it. You will have bags and laundry forms in your cabin. Your cabin attendant will take your laundry. There is a higher charge for faster service.

SHIPBOARD LAUNDRY SERVICE

* All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMEN

Shirt/T-Shirt: $2.50 Blouse: $3.50

Shirt (dress): $3.00 Dress (wash): $5.00

Underwear: $1.20 Skirt: $3.50

Jeans: $3.00 Nightgown: $3.00

Pajamas: $4.00 Swimsuit: $2.00

Handkerchif: $0.75 Slip: $2.50

Shorts: $2.50 Housecoat: $3.50

Bathrobe: $3.50 Hosiery: $3.50

Pants (wash): $3.50 Slacks: $3.50

Sweatshirt: $3.00

Socks: $1.00

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices SHIPBOARD DRY CLEANING SERVICES * All prices are in US. Dollars and are subject to change without notice.

MEN WOMAN

Suit: $7.00 Evening Gown: $8.00

Pants: $4.25 Dress $7.00

Jacket: $4.50 Silk Blouse: $5:00

Sweater: $4.00 Silk Dress: $8.00

Coat: $7.00 Skirt $4.50

Tie: $2.00 Suit: $7.50

Shirt: $3.50 Blouse: $4.00

Shorts: $3.00 Scarf: $2.50

Vest $2.50

Silk Pajamas: $4.50

PRESS ONLY - 50% of cleaning prices.

Emjoy your cruise!

Rick and Deirdra

Oh Thank you so much!

This is brilliant! Having looked at this I have definitely decided I will press only what is needed for first couple of days pre cruise and first day cruise and send the rest away for pressing. Its such a waste of time as every time I travel, I press stuff (which is already pressed:rolleyes:) and then fold in tissue and it still arrives wrinkled! Absolutely going to take the easy option on this.

THANK YOU:)

Gents shirts..bargain..I HATE ironing peaked collared shirts:eek:

(wonder what they will make of the kilt though)

I'm with you on this one. It's One of things HAL has over RCL. We send everything out for their unlimited pressing. 30.00 and they will press everything you have. We sent half out the first day and the rest out the second day. I wish RCL did unlimited.

Wow thats brilliant!

But even at $5 for a dress shirt ..its gotta be worth it..start the vacation without a sore back from ironing the week before..bliss!:)

I totally agree with the pressing thing. I used to do it all and take such great care when packing, only to arrive and find it all wrinkled when you unpack.

Now I just make sure it's clean and send it all out for pressing as soon as we get on board. I just figure it's just part of the VACATION experience! LOL!

Archived