Wanna cruise on Splendour. Booking questions & issues oh my!

leighuf

My friend and I are planning a trip on the Splendour of the Seas (7 day Med. cruise) for the Oct. 22, 2005 sailing. HOWEVER, she needs to wait until the first of the year to see if she can get the dates off from work. Plus, she needs some time to save up. I already have the money saved and I CAN get the dates off. I have a flexible job.

Here's the issue: this cruise is going to be a budget cruise for us. We're planning on getting an inside stateroom and we will not be extending the cruise in Barcelona. The price has increased since we made the decision we wanted to cruise. It was at 649 per person. Now it's up to 709 per person. The same cruise for THIS year is listed at 1000 per person! I'd like to LOCK-IN at the $709 rate. But, I've never done this . . . with the possibility I may have to cancel.

HELP! I don't want the rate to increase because this is a budget cruise (have a 2005 Thanksgiving cruise booked and planning to book a 14 DAY 2006 European cruise so money is tight!).

You can always cancel and get your money back up till the time you make your final payment. My brochure says "You'll receive a full refund if you notify us in writing 70 days (60 days for 3 or 4-night cruise vacations) prior to your sailing date. Cancellations must be made by the guest or his/her travel agent." They have pro-rated cancellation fees for shorter cancelation notices.

I'd book it and then hope I don't have to cancel, and then lock in the current price. Still sounds like a great price for a week's vacation! Do it and cross your fingers for your friends vacation to pan out.

Michelle

Archived