River Tubing Question

mgm3430

Can someone tell me if the river tubing @ white river is strenuous. How far to walk to get to river and back etc. Just got out of the hospital and trying to get my strength up for the cruise in 2 weeks and was wondering if it's a lot of walking, etc. We're also going to DRF first but I'll be walking the stairs next to the falls.

Any opinions would be great! Thanks!:)

Can someone tell me if the river tubing @ white river is strenuous. How far to walk to get to river and back etc. Just got out of the hospital and trying to get my strength up for the cruise in 2 weeks and was wondering if it's a lot of walking, etc. We're also going to DRF first but I'll be walking the stairs next to the falls.

Any opinions would be great! Thanks!:)

Hope your recovery is going well!

There are LOTS of stairs at DRF...may be a bit tough while recovering from a hospital stay. DRF is a LONG climb......

Tubing the White River is very relaxing....not strenuous at all. You have to walk down a set of stairs that take you down a hillside to the river. There are a couple of places where there are teensy bits of very mild "rapids", but the guides make sure that you are positioned correctly and they will even hold onto you if you let them know you want that. It is one of our favorite things to do in the Caribbean!

I'm considering this trip with my family. Since Carnival says the age limit is 2, I can't imagine that it is at all strenuous. If toddlers are allowed on the tour I know I'm not in for much drama - at least not from the river :p

DH and I did it in September with Chukka Cove... it wasn't the slightest bit strenuous (we're both seniors)... it was probably the best excursion we've done!!

You don't have to walk with tubes like you do in Belize.... they're there, waiting for you!!!

The guides were very professional... and a lot of fun!!!

Go for it.... you'll be fine!!!

How long and how steep are the stairs?

We are trying to figure out if we could get a wheelchair down the steps.

Thanks, JEan

I would say no to the wheelchair down the stairs......they are narrow and irregular, as I recall......

Here are a couple of pics....the stairs to the river are sort of in the background of the first pic.

IMG_0166.jpg.683fe9e70a0951c165d748947330f328.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg.3f0ad8ba5997918edf65867b8ae68cd6.jpg

Oh heavens no, on getting a wheelchair down those steps! I don't recall a ramp or any wheelchair access along the falls, but there may be something AWAY from the falls that will just get you to the beach area. I really don't know, though.

And the river tubing is very relaxing. There are maybe a couple of spots where the water runs a little fast, but the guides are right there in the water helping to guide your tube along.

How cold is the water and how much of the trip is in the sun? From the pictures that I have seen, there is a lot of shade and not much open sun.

It was a mixture of sun and shade, as I recall......maybe 40% shade, 60% sun. You are in and out of the shade so you don't have time to get cold. We were very comfortable.

I would say no to the wheelchair down the stairs......they are narrow and irregular, as I recall......

Here are a couple of pics....the stairs to the river are sort of in the background of the first pic.

Oh heavens no, on getting a wheelchair down those steps! I don't recall a ramp or any wheelchair access along the falls, but there may be something AWAY from the falls that will just get you to the beach area. I really don't know, though.

And the river tubing is very relaxing. There are maybe a couple of spots where the water runs a little fast, but the guides are right there in the water helping to guide your tube along.

Thanks for the help.

The pictures are great,the stairs look fine. I should have said that I am middle age mom but on cruises I am fairly adventurous. I decided I wanted to do the zip lines in Costa Rica so I was repelled 100 feet in the air to get to the top of the platform. Then some guys carried me around and hooked me up and off I went with a helper. I have been dog sledding in the Juneau ice fields.

Our tour guide contacted the fellows the work the tubing and they said as long as I do not mind being carried down the stairs they had no problem so off I go.

Again, everyone thanks for the help. Jean

Thanks for the help.

The pictures are great,the stairs look fine. I should have said that I am middle age mom but on cruises I am fairly adventurous. I decided I wanted to do the zip lines in Costa Rica so I was repelled 100 feet in the air to get to the top of the platform. Then some guys carried me around and hooked me up and off I went with a helper. I have been dog sledding in the Juneau ice fields.

Our tour guide contacted the fellows the work the tubing and they said as long as I do not mind being carried down the stairs they had no problem so off I go.

Wow! I am impressed - not only by your adverturous spirit but by the tour guides who have made all those advertures possible.

Thanks for the help.

You will love it! I admire your can-do attitude! You are teaching your children an invaluable lesson......if you want to do something, don't let anyone tell you there is no way. You can find a way to make it happen.....with help, of course!

Archived