Ever had your luggage lost on your way to a Seabourn cruise/crossing? Please post you

Martita B.

Ever had your luggage lost on your way to a Seabourn voyage?

Please post your experience!

I've never had mine lost (knock on wood) but we've had several Sailor's on TA Crossings who's luggage never made it to the ship.

(Seabourn was wonderful and generous as to their shopping at the ship Boutique and Guests also shared clothing)

(The title needs to read, "Please post your Experience)

Martita B.

We lost (the airlines don't say "lost" but "delayed") one piece of luggage (with all our formal wear) before the TA we just returned from (I believe you were on the Pride also). We didn't plan to go to Lisbon early since we've been there many times, and if we, or the luggage, was delayed, there was always Funchal two days later. Well, as you know, Seabourn canceled Funchal, and of course, one bag never left the US. In fact, our other two bags arrived at the ship 40 minutes before sailing. The third arrived at our house the day we returned home. Purser Matthieu was so helpful in tracking our bag and arranging for a tuxedo for my husband. Now I know why Seabourn is known for excellent service.

Last April before the Legend crossing we had a luggage snafu...

I live in FL, my mom lives in WI, she sent a large suitcase down to me 2 weeks in advance and the tracking suddenly stopped in OH. I called and called and then was finally informed "Sorry, file a claim". Well we had a shopping spree the day before the crossing, luckily she came down a few days in advance.

Upon our return back to the states the suitcase showed up back at her home safe and sound.. :rolleyes:

All the Pursers are so dear....especially Matt! Glad to hear your Tux dilemma was solved ~~

A few years ago we had Guests from Dallas on a Northern Pride TA Crossing ~~he was associated with Fed EX. 'Lo and behold there was a luggage mix up (the hotel in London) and they Crossed without any luggage. We did have ports but the luggage never arrived. Many of us shared our clothing with them. And a fabulous time was had by all. JB shared his shirts and I shared my evening wear with his wife~~

Martita B.

Archived