mr snakes

mr mice!

Mr not!

Osar

cmedbd feet?

Lib

mr mice

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?:

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.

Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey", died peacefully at age 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him in the coffin. They put his left leg in...

And then the trouble started.

my DW and MIL and GS and GD went on AOS last week

I think I must have Attention Deficit Disorder. I got completely sidetracked on the first sentence. I was trying to figure out who was going....OK, it was the posters wife, her mother, and then his grandson and granddaughter? So the grandkids went on a cruise with their grandmother and great-grandmother?? Thats kind of weird. Why didn't anyone else go? I wonder if the kids are small and if the great-grandmother had a hard time keeping up with the kids.

ooh, look....something shiny....

mr ducks

mr not ducks

osar

cdedbd wangs

lib

mr ducks!

Mr farmers!

Mr not!

Osar

cmmt pockets?

Lib

mr farmers

mr snakes!

Mr not!

Osar

cm bdis

lib

mr snakes

mr mice!

Mr not!

Osar

cmedbd feet?

Lib

mr mice

abcd goldfish

mr no goldfish

osar

You are not the only one who thinks this way Aubie, it is getting to a point where kids will have to grow another set of thumbs. :confused: Why do they need all this lingo and texting...just call and speak to a person.

Or better yet, sit down with pen and paper and write a letter.

Ouch, did I say that??? GAWD, I am my father.......:eek:

Aubie:D

With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person, which almost went unnoticed last week.

Larry LaPrise, the man who wrote "The Hokey Pokey", died peacefully at age 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him in the coffin. They put his left leg in...

:D You're killin' me!

Aubie

my DW and MIL and GS and GD went on AOS last week they stayed in a GS they thought the meals that they had in MDR were ok! they could not get MTD as it was full! then they saw my SIL and BIL and they did not know they were going on the AOS too! they were staying in a JS on deck 7 they had late dining in the MDR and just decide to eat at the WJ instead while on board the AOS we decide to do a NC so we went down to see the ncvp but she was no where in site and we just filled out a card! we will just contact our TA when we get home:eek: Can we not just spell out the whole word's so we all understand what is being said?

*****? :confused:

Now that is funny!!!!

Bill, apparently you're more "with it" than I am. I've got a cell phone (average less than 40 minutes a month usage on it), I don't text, if I want to take a picture, I use my camera and don't have an Ipod. I must be old fashioned, but I went to school to learn how to read and write and think all these abbreviated forms of communication are part of the "dumbing down" of our society. That, I believe, is why our educational system is failing. Kids today don't have to learn sentence structure, spelling or puctuation because they have this new, techno-lingo. Just my most humble opinion of course. Geez, I sound like my Dad! :eek:

Aubie

Geez Aubie, you sound older than me!:rolleyes: I have a Palm Centro, but I do not text, but do all the other stuff. I can send you a picture to your email right now if you would like!;)

But yes, the schools do a pretty bad job, on that I agree, but I also see a lacking in the parent's involvement also ( not all but in general) Now are you my BFF or what?:eek:

Or better yet, sit down with pen and paper and write a letter.

Ouch, did I say that??? GAWD, I am my father.......:eek:

Aubie:D

Pen and paper? What is that? When I meet people on a cruise, the first thing I ask is if they have email. If they do not , we never connect with them. Even my 80 year old Mother does EMAIL!:p

my DW and MIL and GS and GD went on AOS last week they stayed in a GS they thought the meals that they had in MDR were ok! they could not get MTD as it was full! then they saw my SIL and BIL and they did not know they were going on the AOS too! they were staying in a JS on deck 7 they had late dining in the MDR and just decide to eat at the WJ instead while on board the AOS we decide to do a NC so we went down to see the ncvp but she was no where in site and we just filled out a card! we will just contact our TA when we get home:eek: Can we not just spell out the whole word's so we all understand what is being said?

I understood all of it! But then many of the jobs I had used acronyms. And in Real Estate (RE) we use terms like MLS, FTB, FSBO, BR, Bth, etc.

Laugh out loud.... oh, sorry, LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D

Does anyone but me think it is kind of strange that the original post (notice spelled out not OP) was complaining about the amount of abbreviations used on this board and then it turned to how kids today text too much and shorten everything????

First - My guess is that very few (I know there are some) "kids" are spending time on this board. Most of the shortening of the words is being done by people old enough to know better.

Second - I have two kids (14 and 18) and both of them have better grammar and spelling that I ever hoped to have. (and I am certainly old enough to know better ;)).

My point is, if you don't like the abbreviations fine (I really don't care for it either) but don't try to turn it into a gripe session on today's kids when the odds are none of them are at fault for the issue of the original post.

Just my two cents......

I totally agree with you here.

I for one had a heck of a time reading the first post in this thread, was able to figure it out eventually though. I had a much tougher times with the grammer than the abbreviations, but ya know what, im not here to judge.

It irks me to read about people having the mindset that todays kids are "dumbing down", that is soooooo far from the truth it is not even funny.

Kids now-a-days are simply adapting to the times, as im sure we/you all did in you childhood years, im sure there were things that your parents thought were wrong, and should just not be, but they dealt with it, and things turned out fine.

I for one can speak and write clearly, and also text and use AOL IM daily using abbreviations, does not mean im not smart and cannot speak and write clearly with proper grammar. Its simply i have adapted to something easier, but have not forgotten what i learned in school, i still use it everyday (well, 10% of it, the other 90% is useless to me :p) and will never forget it.

So, can we stop judging todays youth, its something we have all gone though and it will continue....

Happy Cruising!

Archived