Superstar virgo & Hong kong DEC 08

Nick88

Hi all, i will be in hong kong after a superstar virgo (star cruises) asian cruise in December. Apparently its a real mix cruise with mainly Asian passangers followed by Aussies, then other smaller groups. does anybody know whether there is any youth (l8-22) on this sort of cruise? the thought of being stuck with my folks (and being around ppl their age - no offense!!) for the WHOLE trip is a worry lol.

Been on a P&O asian cruise before and had the best time!

Regarding restaurants... i've heard that seafood is not advised to be consumed in Hong Kong... i have no idea why?? and i love sea food!! so if any one knows anything about this or lack there of, please let me know.

Also, Ive been to thailands Koh Samui before however havent properly been to puhket (docked for a day). Does phuket city offer great markets for cheap clothes and stuff, or is it better to spend the time snorkeling in the reefs? i'm torn!

Cheers, Nick

Hi Nick,

As far as I know, the Virgo is sailing out of Singapore in December 2008:)

There is a thread on the ship under "Other Lines" heading...have a look at it.....a wealth of information there.

Cheers

Justine

:confused: Hi Justine,

How do you get to the other lines heading on cruise critic?I'm still not sure how to use the threads sections. We hope to go on the Virgo next year. What were your highlights?

Kind regards,

Trish

Restaurants and seafood. We've been going to Hong Kong for years and have never had any problems with any seafood in any restaurant. Enjoy!

Agreed, I was about to say the same - some of the best seafood I have had was in Hong Kong. Enjoy....:)

Hi all, i will be in hong kong after a superstar virgo (star cruises) asian cruise in December. Apparently its a real mix cruise with mainly Asian passangers followed by Aussies, then other smaller groups. does anybody know whether there is any youth (l8-22) on this sort of cruise? the thought of being stuck with my folks (and being around ppl their age - no offense!!) for the WHOLE trip is a worry lol.

Been on a P&O asian cruise before and had the best time!

Regarding restaurants... i've heard that seafood is not advised to be consumed in Hong Kong... i have no idea why?? and i love sea food!! so if any one knows anything about this or lack there of, please let me know.

Also, Ive been to thailands Koh Samui before however havent properly been to puhket (docked for a day). Does phuket city offer great markets for cheap clothes and stuff, or is it better to spend the time snorkeling in the reefs? i'm torn!

Cheers, Nick

You must go to Phuket been there 3 times and the Market in Patong is brilliant stalls line the length of the beach . people are so friendly I loved it. everything is so Cheap and that goes for the food too.

Archived