Horseback riding in Belize..recommendations please

Suni99

NCL offers an excursion but I am having a hard time finding more info on it. I am wondering which place they go to.... has anyone done this recently or any other riding excursions...if so please give me some feedback...thanks a bunch:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey back from the Spirit yesterday-the cruise was great!

NCL's horseback excursion went to a protected park in the jungle, we left the port area for a 45 min ride in a very nice large air-conditioned bus. The guide on the bus is very informative about Belize.

The butterfly - jungle tour that NCL offers goes to the same park.

The horses are very well taken care of & well trained. We had experienced tour guides-3 on our tour thru the jungle-a 1 hr ride.

After the ride, you are given a wonderful Belizian meal. They also have hammocks to rest in & a bar area-try the frozen Miami Vice-it is awesome!

The area is very pretty.

Negative- It is the rainy season & last week they had a flood which damaged the pool & waterfall-so that area was closed-we didn't get to swim or see that area-that was a bummer for my daughters. But that couldn't be helped. Also, we didn't see any monkeys!

The 4 of us enjoyed the tour-nice to see something different than just the beach for a change. I felt for the transportation, length of tour, meal & infromative guides that it was well priced.

We had no bug bites-we all sprayed with deep woods off before leaving the ship & sprayed our clothing as well.

Hope this helps

Darla

The OP comments sounds like they went to BACAB (sp) Eco park. We went there as well this past week to do the bicycle tour of the jungle and the horseback riders were on the bus with us as well. We booked thru the ship (RCI-Navigator) and all 17 of us (bike and horse) were met at the pier by Samantha who took care of all of us for the next several hours. We had a comfortable bus ride with Clifton, the driver, and Samantha was willing to answer any questions as well as conduct a nice tour of Belize during our ride. We arrived at the park (privately owned) after about 45 mins. There are lockers and well-maintained facilities and a gift shop that sells bug spray. The bike ride was alot of fun - not too hard and a great way to work off all the food you eat on the cruise. The horse trail is separate from the bikes but we did share the trail for a short amount of time and the horseback guide sounded very informative - lots of information on the local flora/fauna. Unfortunately, we didn't see any monkeys and the weather was cloudy with light rain that day. After the rides, both groups had a lunch of rice/beans, chicken and veggies. Local beer/rum and premium drinks were also available at reasonable prices. They have a very nice pool to spend some time in -- bring your suit and relax after the ride. If you have young kids - they will really enjoy the pool as it has a waterfall and very wide steps. I think they also have a nature trail - but it may have been only for a walking tour.

• 1 month later...

Archived